best first date

wood_workur said:
okay, so just a walk in the park? what should I say to her then?

Start asking about her.... The conversation just rolls from there.

Give her little subtle compliments though. ALWAYS say she is better then everyone else. In every way. Although when you say it, you have to specify each way.

They love it, and can't get enough of you.

DJ-CHRIS said:
In Canada it's legal for girls to be shirtless

And yes, ASK LOTS OF QUESTIONS, and try to have a conversation about something THEY LIKE

PRICELESS!!

yea deffo talk about something they like! dont bore them with football or stuff like that. that wont score you any points

dude_se said:
yea deffo talk about something they like! dont bore them with football or stuff like that. that wont score you any points

good, becuase I know squat about sports. (and shes not into them either)

Jenox said:
it really depends on the type of person she is more then anything. It's really subjective. If they're younger, they want fun, older, fun and serious, mature, say, 30+, serious all the way.

I've hit it off with a 27 year old one time, good lord she was fine, we met in a game of poker, but, she was fun and REALLY wanted something serious at the same time, and me being 18, well, I want fun, money, and cars, not a wife. No sir. But then that brings up my ex-g/f who only wanted to have sex and party all night long. Great times...great times...

But then that brings up my ex-g/f who only wanted to have sex and party all night long. Great times...great times.
You had it made there, how did you let her slip out your fingers

Heres something to say to a girl once you have been on a few dates with different girls.

DROP YOUR KNICKERS LOVE YOUR ON NEXT!!!. :D

You will get two out comes

1 you will get told to ---- off

2 They like the chat up line and your in for the night. (works for me ;) )

dude_se said:

That made me laugh, both the last girlfriend I had and the one I am currently seeing now have season tickets for their respective teams, and saturday and sunday is quite happily spent watching the football....

Heh!!

ArrizX said:
Start asking about her.... The conversation just rolls from there.

Give her little subtle compliments though. ALWAYS say she is better then everyone else. In every way. Although when you say it, you have to specify each way.

They love it, and can't get enough of you.

This can have one downside.

This can build them enormous ego's and they will believe they are better than you, and loose interest.

GlasseyeUK said:
That made me laugh, both the last girlfriend I had and the one I am currently seeing now have season tickets for their respective teams, and saturday and sunday is quite happily spent watching the football....

Heh!!
Well i would hang onto her then :)

not that I can really remember the last time I properly had a first date as such...

but I think dinner at a semi nice place and then doing something, or hanging out at a coffee shop is good.

Movies are OK but then there is always the trouble of picking a movie that you'll both enjoy, the fact that you can't talk during the screening etc I find movies a bit of a hassle for dates,
and for a first date I think it's much better to do something social so that you get a chance to properly talk to each other and stuff.

crazy, but I honestly can't really remember the last time I went on a first date as such... (I mean I suppose it's a first date the first time you go out, but a date is kind of an arranged thing), I'll try to elaborate...

I guess my last 'first date' was this year, where I went to the girls house, sat about watching TV, did some stuff, then met some friends for dinner, then went back to her house for the rest of the time...

before that I guess my first date before that was around six years ago, (that was a long relationship!) but I'd known the girl practically all my life, so we never really had a first date, well if we did it was most likely either at a pub with our friends. or at a new years party, or if you count a date as spending time with just them. then it probably was out for a pizza followed by a movie...

first date before that was at a terror vision (if anyone remembers that band) gig.

the first date before that was going to a nice pub in a small village outside my town, with a girl and a couple of mates (I'm still not exactly sure how that happened)

and the first date before that was at a gig, which I was going to anyway, (I was playing), but I was so keen for this girl to be there so I could see her that I drew her a little map of where the gig was going to be, and was persuading her friend [who I kind of knew] that she should go and bring that girl along as well, (her friend, as it turns out, was the next first date -mentioned above)... -not sure if that counts cause I actually asked her to the gig as a place to see her so that I could ask her out.

anyway, I'll stop there cause it's getting more difficult to remember the further back in time I go, (and I've gone back over a decade probably). (having said that I spent over six years in just one of those relationships).

not telling stories without a point there...
the point is that where I've done fairly boring things like going out for a movie or to a loud gig where you can't really talk anyway it's been the case that I've known them for ages and just thought that there really should be a first date even though it's not necessarily needed.

when I've gone on more 'intimate' first dates, like dinner, or out for a quiet drink it's more about getting to know them, and having some fun that just doing something text book.
if you do go for dinner on a first date.

make it a place that is better than McDonalds, but not something like a steak house...
you need to balance the cost of the meal and the size of the meal. I mean it's no good going on a date and eating so much that you spend the rest of the evening bloated and uncomfortable...

ideally a nice pub is good or a cafe so you can get some sort of light bite...

hmmm... I'm rambling now...

just do whatever you would like to do...
it's no good to make a false impression by going out to some place that you obviously can't afford and then never going there again.

simillarly it's no good to go out for a movie and see a film that you don't like just so that they can have a good time.

just be yourself, it's the best that you can be... if they like that then they'll stick around. if they don't then it wasn't meant to be!

Back
Top Bottom