Format war, who will win

Yeah you guys do make good points. I think blu-ray is a technology that is not nearly perfected yet. Maybe it will be the next format after HD-DVD. Once blu-ray is perfected more and cheaper. But I dont know why there are no HD-DVD burners out yet.

How does an HD-DVD work anyway? I know blu-tay uses blu lasers.

yeah, even though blu-ray has more capacity, it is way more expensive.

besuces, i read that the plastic coating on the bottom of the disk is only.1mm on blu-ray, vs .6mm on the Hd Dvd. much easier to reapair.

I think blu ray will win because of its larger size and built in player in the ps3. One thing that puts me off though is that it does not have as great audio quality requirements that hd dvd does so in the next generation, if film companies can get away with it, we will only have marginally better sound quality than we currently have from SD DVD.

David Lindon said:
I think blu ray will win because of its larger size and built in player in the ps3. One thing that puts me off though is that it does not have as great audio quality requirements that hd dvd does so in the next generation, if film companies can get away with it, we will only have marginally better sound quality than we currently have from SD DVD.

I find sound to be far more important then video. HD video is nice, but sound, well, it really limits the whole experience altogether. HDDVD all the way. Blu-Ray ftl.

Funny you mention that. I heard on TV that they're not going to do either because there's too much clarity.

I forgot if they're going to use both, but I do remember Vivid Entertainment is going to use HD-DVD. Imagine that...now you can wank off to 1080p boobies. :p

Back
Top Bottom