Google increases their storage to "Infinity plus one"

When contacted about the Google announcement, a Yahoo representative said, "We will be making an announcement shortly about our million-trillion-billion infinity storage," and added, "Neener, neener, neener."

Isn't that funny.

Tommy Boy said:
I'm not sure if that is an April fools joke or not, sounds kinda sketchy....what do you guys think?

Monday, April 2 12:00 AM ET

I doubt it.

Wow, infinity storage.

Yahoo's like, "We will be making an announcement shortly about our million-trillion-billion infinity storage," and added, "Neener, neener, neener." LOL

Then stupid Hotmail whines how they can't keep up and will not offer unlimited storage!!! Hotmail representative said that while they "can't offer unlimited storage, they can delete all your e-mail at random intervals in conjunction with their Live OneCare service, to make sure you never run out of space."

ArrizX said:
Monday, April 2 12:00 AM ET

I doubt it.
since it was posted at midnight eastern time, I think it probably was a joke.

Google have a long history of April fools jokes, if anyone remembers the Google lunar base April fools joke, and if you don't remember it, basically Google said they'd be setting up a development/research center on the moon.

Man.... infinity plus one? And here I am stuck with hotmail and way too lazy to switch accounts.
Meh, I like the look of Windows Live Beta more than Gmail/Yahoo

ha homtail are funny well urm we are microsoft so are too tight fisted to give aqay infinity plus one but we will delete emails for our users , erm no thanks

Tommy Boy said:
I'm not sure if that is an April fools joke or not, sounds kinda sketchy....what do you guys think?

Tomkins also said that they would be using new RAID technologies which allow them to store copies of e-mail in parallel universes. This means that if their servers crash they will be able to recover your data from another universe where they haven't.

i think that answers your question. also the article was published on april 2nd at 12:00am so when they wrote this it was still april fools day.

I would say it was a joke. The source doesn't look very reliable. If I had seen that on the BBC, or ITV, something that I have heard off, something more known, I might believe it.

I doubt it...with all those GMail file storage things, they'd run out of space...

It would be cool though.

Back
Top Bottom