Format war, who will win

superman22x

Golden Master
This might have been asked before but what do you think will win, HD-dvd or blu-ray? I think blu-ray because of things like that 200gb disk. Better storage cpapcity for the HD of the future.

hd dvd because its cheaper and it's drives dont overheat

and my dad's friend works for toshiba and he told me that they are pulling the blu-ray drives that they currently have from the market cuz they are overheating and are causing problems. but they wont publicly announce that

Dude, a Blu-Ray drive is like 1000 dollars. No way I'm going to pay that. I say HD-DVD for the same reasons as Borat. Also, for storage, why do you need 200gb? If you want to store 200gb of movies, get an external hard drive.

AlexF1224 said:
If you want to store 200gb of movies, get an external hard drive.
I second that. knowing my luck, the disk would get scratched and all that music went down the toilet

borat_sagdiyev said:
hd dvd because its cheaper and it's drives dont overheat

and my dad's friend works for toshiba and he told me that they are pulling the blu-ray drives that they currently have from the market cuz they are overheating and are causing problems. but they wont publicly announce that

You better hope your dad's friend isn't under NDA or if someone finds this, he'll be in deep shit.

Too hard to say, especially because the good 'ol DVD is still extremely capable, but if I really had to choose, I would go with HD-DVD. It's cheaper and still provides a large capacity. Of course, I could be wrong. For all we know, Blu-Ray could be the next format after DVD. That's why I love how Microsoft made the HD-DVD drive external. They've acknowledged that if Blu-Ray does win the format war, it is possible that they will make external Blu-Ray drives. :D

yeah , if you wanted to store 200gb an external hdd would be much cheaper than buying a blu ray drive then blu ray disks people want affordable for storing data unless they are large corperations personally if i just spent $20 on a disk for it to get scratched . also a burner for blu ray is like $900 and burn speeds are like 2X which is slow

another thing if you just spent $20 on a disk but the burner made an error that would kind of suck as well
btw $20 is for a 25gb disk as well

I hate blue-ray, so do most people by the sounds of it, why do you think sony have intergrated it into the PS3? :p

Steff said:
I hate blue-ray, so do most people by the sounds of it, why do you think sony have intergrated it into the PS3? :p
cosit their format and if they didnt inc it in their latest console what would that tell everyone

Iunno, at the start I was a supporter of Blu-Ray, now I'm thinking that HD is gonna kick Blu-Ray out... poor Sony.

Back
Top Bottom