8800 GTS, worth getting now?

tomirlik

In Runtime
I have 500-600 Canadian bucks to spend, and no doubt the 8800 GTS 640mb is top-notch card, but is it worth getting now or will ATI offer a better card for the same price in April?

well we are still waiting for ATI's response so i suppose something will come up. I don't know if it'll be this month.

Wait off on your purchase for now, AMD/ATI's event in Tunisia will kick off late April, you can make your decision a week or so afterwards after all the good reviews and pricetags are in :D

i just bought a 8800gts 320mb and all I can says is jesus christ... maxes out all my games, as it should.

kchi55 said:
Wait off on your purchase for now, AMD/ATI's event in Tunisia will kick off late April, you can make your decision a week or so afterwards after all the good reviews and pricetags are in :D

ya, wait till ATI roars back, supposedly their new card is supposed to blow the 8800gtx out of the water, whether this is true or not im not sure, but thats what they said on G4

we shall see, im excited either way, i sure as hell dont have enough money for either, but im still excited to see what they come up with

Sure, get it now, it's DX10, great reviews. Good a time as any. AMD or NVIDIA, you're still getting a good card either way. Just pick one and press "Add to Cart". :D

Just wait for ATI's new card, whoever has the performance crown, the crappier one will have to have a lower price. Also nvdia is gonna make 8600's which are like 7900's with direct x 10 support and a slightly better 8900 with a faster clock and ddr4 memory. We'll just have to wait to see how things turn up.

i'm personally an Nvidia guy, and i do have the GTS. I love it. Easily one of the best buys i ever made. If you like Nvidia, and you want great performance, get it.

Back
Top Bottom