Dell PII starts up

bullzi said:
WAIT FOR IT, wait for it...

ive got a dell xps t500 :), was a thousand dollar pc back in the day... pIII 500mhz, 256mb, nvidia somethin... lol, still runs like a champ ;)
what made me lol was i was looking up how to unlock my athlon xp 2000+ well i can across a review site that said back in the day they retailed at bout $350 which is £177 now i can get a 2400+ for £25 i then calcualted and my pc was worth about £400 brand new about 5-6 years ago and now i can get one for £70

See how price goes down fast? A K6-III system in 1999 was actually 800 bucks. Pentium PCs were high in the 1.5k for the system alone...those AT PCs.
bullzi said:
lmao! you would get a whopping 10fps just on the desktop... lol
You could be suprised...

lhuser said:
See how price goes down fast? A K6-III system in 1999 was actually 800 bucks. Pentium PCs were high in the 1.5k for the system alone...those AT PCs.

You could be suprised...
you could pick a k6 up for about 40 - 50 usd right now , and i can get pentinum 3's 800mhz with 256mb ram and a 10gb hdd fo bout 60usd so prices go down real quick

ya, ive got a place around here "state surplus" i got my compaq evo w4000 out there for 10bucks!! it had everything except ram, hd, and video card, it had p4 2.4ghz processor, mobo, psu everything, its an awesome place for me to get stuff since i dont have a job and cant get one for another year...

i also got my flat screen 15" dell crt out there for 5bucks, damn good place...

What I hate, is when ppl dont get how pcs go so cheap after a year or 4. In the newspaper around me there is a laptop for sale, its got a 500mhz PII and crappy other stuff. Sure a long time ago it was very pricy but now its not worth much at all, it is a laptop but its still not worth wat they are asking, which is $350. Spcially when you can get a dell for $50 more with a much better everything. $350!! put a decimal in there and I'll get it, lol.

Back
Top Bottom