TV censoring not as good as they use to be

Cenorship needs to be stricter. If they can be strict on the purchasing of games, then allow TV to get away with anything, I find is a huge hypocrisy. Late night shows, 12AM-5AM could be relaxed on that issue, but stuff from 8AM-8PM seriously need to be strict.

David Lindon said:
Yeah censorhip standards are lowering, I wonder when you will start to hear the explicit rap songs on the radio aswell

I think that's already happening. If you've ever heard the song "I write sins, not Tradgidies" bye "Panic! at the Disco" in the radio version, they bleep out "God" yet leave D@#$. Still trying to figure that one out...

Ronco Rox said:
but thats like after 12am with the "secret stash" movies they play but censorship is there for a reason, so those 40 year old mini van moms who weigh 1200 pounds and have a no life have something to yell at :rolleyes:
totally agree

celegorm said:
I think that's already happening. If you've ever heard the song "I write sins, not Tradgidies" bye "Panic! at the Disco" in the radio version, they bleep out "God" yet leave D@#$. Still trying to figure that one out...

Stupid isnt it. It's a bit like the u cant call blackboards blackboards as it might be construed as racism, its all got out hand, censoring the wrong kinda things.

I've never heard of the black board thing but that is ridiculous!!! Some people need to get a life and get their nose out of everything. What also pisses me off is the handicap thing!!! They want equality then why do they get a parking spot in the front, why do they get to go to the front of lines, and how they can sue anyone at the drop of a hat and get away with it, people make it their full time job to go around places, especially in California because of the strict laws protecting handicaps, they make enough money to support themselves easily from all the hundreds of lawsuits they start

Yeah, since it's kinda turning into this aswell, the politically correctness of the US is getting outta hand. For the last three years, Milwaukee hasn't had a city christmass tree like it always had, we just had a "non-demoninational-holiday-tree" Now common. who are you fooling? i don't know of any other religion that uses trees as a form of decoration for holidays in that time of year.

Jenox said:
Cenorship needs to be stricter. If they can be strict on the purchasing of games, then allow TV to get away with anything, I find is a huge hypocrisy. Late night shows, 12AM-5AM could be relaxed on that issue, but stuff from 8AM-8PM seriously need to be strict.

It's like a double standard when you can't purchase a Parental Advisory CD, but you can listen to shows on public networks which say the same foul words.

Given, the words are said at a much less rate, but they are still there.

ISOwner said:
Wow, I'm watching a TV series called "Dirt" on FX. Man, it's like watching The Soprano's, and it's not even premium channel!!! I've noticed Sci-Fi channel and TNT will occasionally get by with it--especially late night. Words that we thought were bad words are normal enough to say it on air now? How times have changed.

It's cable. The FCC strains more on public broadcast networks like NBC, and CBS then cable channels.

Anubis1980 said:
Stupid isnt it. It's a bit like the u cant call blackboards blackboards as it might be construed as racism, its all got out hand, censoring the wrong kinda things.

+1 for you. Probably one of the more intelligent things noted. :)

Back
Top Bottom