TV censoring not as good as they use to be

TRDCorolla1

Golden Master
Wow, I'm watching a TV series called "Dirt" on FX. Man, it's like watching The Soprano's, and it's not even premium channel!!! I've noticed Sci-Fi channel and TNT will occasionally get by with it--especially late night. Words that we thought were bad words are normal enough to say it on air now? How times have changed.

dude.....censorship can seriously <<DELETED>> off.

That's twice, I shan't tell you again; neg rep given.

British TV has "shit" from 7pm onwards, and nudity as well. The 9pm watershed is getting totally ignored. Mind you, the amount of stuff we get from the USA that's censored is totally different, the British have a far far far higher tolerance of violence, nudity and bad language than the Americans do.

They're doing censorship in a different way now by banning junk food adverts during kids' programmes...

Better than South Korea - all we get is crap music, gameshows and chat shows. Better than the North, I guess - all they get is propaganda and Kim Jong Il this Kim Jong Il that...

borat_sagdiyev said:
dude.....censorship can seriously fuck off.
Yeah, but censorising stuff is good. But Censorised TV shows affects the way we work and the way our kids will work.

Yeah censorhip standards are lowering, I wonder when you will start to hear the explicit rap songs on the radio aswell

Quite funny really, here in Spain in a major supermarket store, they play songs and they all have swearing in, I dont think they understand whats being said...

And as for TV! in 97 when i did work experience at college, i went to Berlin to do it... WOW the German tv in the afternoons was shocking lol. Some of the stuff was proper hardcore, same with the spanish tv late at nite, u seriously wouldnt get it on most 18 dvds. Not btw than im an expert lol.

on south park they said f--k, n---er, and all the other swears out there

I love South Park, people dont give it enough credit for the humorous way it covers a lot of modern day issues.

hascet said:
on south park they said f--k, n---er, and all the other swears out there

but thats like after 12am with the "secret stash" movies they play but censorship is there for a reason, so those 40 year old mini van moms who weigh 1200 pounds and have a no life have something to yell at :rolleyes:

Ronco Rox said:
but thats like after 12am with the "secret stash" movies they play but censorship is there for a reason, so those 40 year old mini van moms who weigh 1200 pounds and have a no life have something to yell at :rolleyes:

MEOW lol

Back
Top Bottom