page space.

root

Site Team
Staff member
Not that I'm complaining massivly, I mean it is great that there is a new reviews section, but...

all I can see in the computer hardware/software section is 6 subforums and the stickies, my resolution isn't set that low down, (1024x1280) it seems a bit ridiculus that you have to scroll down, and people on a lower resoution have to scroll even further!

is there anyway that the forum could be a bit better organised?

I understand that David hasn't put all the new subsections onto the main page because he was concerned about the forums front page getting overly cluttered, but now it's just general hardware/software that's getting cluttered up instead.

lhuser said:
True, but other forums looks even more messier.

this isnt about other forums though.this is about cf, and we all want it to be as perfect as possible :)

I know, but I'm just reffering to other forums, to a guide. I don't mind the way it is, but, there's a few things that can get off there, and it's NOT the User galleries.

If you make it too complicated it won't get used. Some one reminded me I had said that before. It makes sense.
It might be time to clean house. Take out some of the sections that see little to no use or merge the threads in two simular sections in to one. You would loose the thread count if you do a dump but keep them if you do some merging.
Just a thought...

Came back to add this>>>
Starting from the bottom>>>

Merge>
Web Programming and Web Design/Reviews/Advertising board

Merge>
Dedicated Hosting and Shared Hosting

Merge>
Operating Systems and Security/Hacking

Merge>
Networking/DNS and Communications/AIM BlueShadowz

Sub off the Social Lounge>
CF:Suggestions, comments and feedback

Buzz went in and merged a lot of our sections when it started looking messy and too complicated. Might be time for you guys to do that here.

root said:
Not that I'm complaining massivly, I mean it is great that there is a new reviews section, but...

all I can see in the computer hardware/software section is 6 subforums and the stickies, my resolution isn't set that low down, (1024x1280) it seems a bit ridiculus that you have to scroll down, and people on a lower resoution have to scroll even further!

is there anyway that the forum could be a bit better organised?

I understand that David hasn't put all the new subsections onto the main page because he was concerned about the forums front page getting overly cluttered, but now it's just general hardware/software that's getting cluttered up instead.
If you put it on the main page then that looks cluttered so its a catch 22 situation, I mean if everyone wants a reviews forum it has to go somewhere

David Lindon said:
If you put it on the main page then that looks cluttered so its a catch 22 situation, I mean if everyone wants a reviews forum it has to go somewhere

True! basically with the growth of the website and high-demands for this and that, clutter is to be expected. People shouldn't have any troubles moving their mouse wheel three tiny clicks just to view the entire section.

If anything, merging sections might work, such as the galleries, make those section their own thing, or, just merge it into one, broad, big subforum.

Either way i think it's nice as it is, and I'm quite pleased with the Review section. :)

setishock said:
If you make it too complicated it won't get used. Some one reminded me I had said that before. It makes sense.
It might be time to clean house. Take out some of the sections that see little to no use or merge the threads in two simular sections in to one. You would loose the thread count if you do a dump but keep them if you do some merging.
Just a thought...

Came back to add this>>>
Starting from the bottom>>>

Merge>
Web Programming and Web Design/Reviews/Advertising board

Merge>
Dedicated Hosting and Shared Hosting

Merge>
Operating Systems and Security/Hacking

Merge>
Networking/DNS and Communications/AIM BlueShadowz

Sub off the Social Lounge>
CF:Suggestions, comments and feedback

Buzz went in and merged a lot of our sections when it started looking messy and too complicated. Might be time for you guys to do that here.

this is a brilliant idea..

+1 for sure..

Back
Top Bottom