Can Dust Dammage Your Computer?

Yes

First off it simply blocks airflow and can make your computer overheat.

Second off it can contain metal that could cause short circuts in your computer.

How often do you think I should clean it with the compressed air? My houst kinda has a lot of dust.

yeah, Chris pretty much covered it.
It destroying the computer is very rare, but it will almost always have some kind of effect on the temps.

edit: as for the cleaning. Well once in a month would be pretty good, and remember to clean the fans too, they gather a lot of dust.

Elsom said:
How often do you think I should clean it with the compressed air? My houst kinda has a lot of dust.

Every few months or even year is enough for most people. I recommend cleaning a computer when you start to see visible thick dust on fans and stuff like this, or expisally when you can see dust in a heatsink.

Personally after 2-3 weeks my computer abosuletly fills with dust, I have my computer in a basement (all dust comes down here magically)

muz379 said:
if you have pets i would clean every 2 months

ya, its basically different for all people, if you have pets you dont have to clean, but check it every week or so to make sure hair isnt building up anywhere, i check my laptop every week, and desktops every two, and clean every 4 weeks, but mine are in the basement and i have a golden retriever that basically doesnt stop shedding... :cool:

bullzi said:
ya, its basically different for all people, if you have pets you dont have to clean, but check it every week or so to make sure hair isnt building up anywhere, i check my laptop every week, and desktops every two, and clean every 4 weeks, but mine are in the basement and i have a golden retriever that basically doesnt stop shedding... :cool:
yeah , i have a gsd and she never stops shedding too , i usually check every month , not been too bad lately , they start shedding real bad in summer

oh yea, it gets terrible for the summer... lol nothin like finding a dog hair in your food

Back
Top Bottom