Laptop Videocard Upgrade?

i dont no, but im sure i could google something or you could, im sure a little snooping around would find us something on it

http://repair4laptop.org/notebook_graphics_card_replacement.html

i realize the dv6000t isnt listed there, but that gives you an overview of how to do it, like i said, the main problem with this is getting your cooling to work, im not sure if the motherboards differ from graphics setup, to graphics setup or not, i would imagine they dont, but its possible that they could and if they do it wont be doable

Hmm I don't know if I want to take the risk of messing up my computer, I have zero experience with this stuff. I know the graphics card is connected to the motherboard, which might make it impossible to upgrade the card.

Being that your video is integrated, there is no way you can upgrade your laptop to a better graphics solution. Your stuck with what have as most, if not all, with integrated video chips have no provision for adding a "video card"

ya, if you have little experience i wouldnt mess with it, those dv6000 laptops are very nice looking laptops and i would hate for it to get messed up, you might want to contact hp about it though and ask them direclty, i have a dell and its no use to call them about it, but hp is better, i know you can upgrade the graphics on dells but you have to have a certain card and all that stuff, good luck in your "quest" ;) lol

Atomic Rooster said:
Being that your video is integrated, there is no way you can upgrade your laptop to a better graphics solution. Your stuck with what have as most, if not all, with integrated video chips have no provision for adding a "video card"

ya what he said, i forgot to add that to my post... lol

Alright thanks a lot for all the help bullzi, and thanks for the confirmation atmoic. I guess I'll be on the phone ;)

I've been doing game tests at the system requirement lab site and my video card is good enough with just about all the games I tried and the only things it's missing is Video HW Transform & Lighting and Vertex Shader.

ya, my integrated graphics says it will play bf2, thats what dell said too, well i get about 5fps in there on all the lowest settings, my best pc right now has an x300 and i play on there with the x300 overclocked and can play medium settings and 1024x768 and get around 30fps, so it may say it plays them but it wont, however i have found that mine will play games that are 2 years old amazingly good, but some of the new games just wont cut it

Back
Top Bottom