Always problems with me

pooker

In Runtime
I don't now if one of my friends was over here downloading something that was a virus or what, but I used to use limewire and I am sure that it gave me a virus. It has been deleted for awhile because I do not want to get in trouble for copyright laws or anything, I used to even pay lfor songs but I heard even that was illegal through kazaa. But anyways is there a way to wipe the hard drive just leaving the basic files, like windows etc? I want to wipe everything, my computer will start to download the weirdest files on its own I now I have a trojan virus, there is virus's downloaded in my computer that will not erase no matter what. It does not matter if I am in safe mode or what, so please help again. :p I am wondering what I can do to just basically completely wipe the hard drive of anything, and if need be we run more than one computer through a router so if I have to wipe the other one because of the internet connection then so be it. I hope there is a program like this, I am not to computer savy and reformatting a harddrive etc is something I do not thing I could do. Plus I do not even now where my xp disc is or the serial code number you are supposed to enter in.

Well, without your XP CD to do a format and re-install, your out of luck.

Your best bet would be to run Spybot-S&D and Adaware SE to see if you can get rid of any nasties hanging out in your computer. Then, you can also run HijackThis to find and identify any left over viruses or trojans.

I downloaded those but I also found an xp cd, not sure if its the one for this computer since we have more than one in the house. Will this xp cd work even if its not the one that came with the computer and if I dont have that serial number for it?

ya it will, if you need help activating pm me, and ill help you through it

www.eset.com and get the home version 30 day trial. It's fully functional. Make sure you up date it. If you have anything else running for antivirus disable it and run NOD 32.

If you cant find your cd key there are plenty of programs you can download for free that will locate you serial xp key on your hdd,also if your xp is cosha you could just ring up microsft and get them to activate it for you,
If you want to completely clear the viruses you are best to format your hdd and sart again

Back
Top Bottom