Computer gets to XP Splash screen, but no further!

utvols20 said:
tried to format, but its stuck on 39%. I shutdown the system, and tried to reformat again using the (Quick) method, and its installing windows now. Hopefully this will be stable!
That sound like a bad drive. It could try and retry to load the file. I had a bad install once with Linux and took forever to load.

I had the same problem, 2 days ago in fact. I read it could be a registry problem. Scan registry and found over 1000 errors, mainly problems w/ bad installs/uninstalls. Unfortuneatly had to reboot/boot/reload (what ever name you give it), but not too bad a prob. amazing how fast the boot was, i remember rebooting on Me (millenium edition) and would of been cheaper to go in to town, to internet cafe, order a new pc and wait for delivery.

Also, if u can, try to move things like, photos, important music files etc. (memories mainly) onto and extrenal hard drivein safe mode before boot.

****-----**** Hate to bump this old post but with the amount of dodgy software about, registry problems are unfortuneatly common these days.****-----****

Back
Top Bottom