Is my Motherboard dead?

That won't work. It's the wrong socket. You need a socket 478 motherboard in order to use your current CPU.

This is such a hard purchase becuase I just dont know what too look for. I just want the best AGP 8X Motherboard for under $150.

Remember that if you get one of the socket 478 boards listed here on Neweeg, you will also need to get the proper memory to go with it.

Otherwise, the one I linked to on ebay would be your best bet as it has most of the same features of your current board.

I bought a used Asrock mobo yesterday with an 8x AGP slot and socket 478 that works really well for $95. I got a 2.8 GHz P4 along with it. I am very happy with it. If you could find the same one I have somewhere for a good price it would suit you well. I'm not exactly sure of the model number of my mobo though.

It's almost exactly like this one:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157106
Except that that one has a PCI-e slot and mine has an AGP slot.

i have a question for you that i havn't seen asked yet. Have you tried re-seating the RAM, or even different RAM sticks? I see this fix alot of no-post problems, and i'm curious to see if you've done this or not.

Back
Top Bottom