Reviews Section Guidelines

Daeva

In Runtime
Well, now that we have a review section, I think that someone(a mod preferrably) set a particular ranking system. For example, we would have a sticky at the top of the review section that outlined the criteria for reviewing.
For example:
Five categories, Five different ranks(stars)
You could have categories like
Ease of Use
Cost vs. Value
Quality
Usefulness, etc.

Each out of 5 stars, or some other such rating system.

This information for example would be placed at the top of the review post, followed by that person's textual review of the product. Ths would help to normalize the reviews and it would be a way to help minimize bias. If all people who reviewed had a basic scoring system, it would be easier for the person reading the review to compare it to other reviews of similar items.
I don't think this is something that should be done using VBulletin code, I think it should just be a set of guidelines put forward.

But it would be different depending on the type of product you are reviewing. For example, people reviewing video games probably wouldn't give it a mark on usefulness.

perhaps then different categories. Ones that are more universal, or ones that are more specific, like instead of usefullness, you would have re-play value.

Back
Top Bottom