Is my Motherboard dead?

I looked on Ebay but the one I have is going for $300 and its like 5 years old! Grrr. My CPU is "Intel Pentium 4 2.8 GHZ 512K L2 Cache 533 MHZ FSB" and my memory is "(2) 256MB RDRAM PC800". I dont mind having to buy new memory because I heard my memory is not common any more. But the MOBO has to have AGP 8X becuase I got a new Graphics card 2 years ago and its AGP 8X. Thanks for your help!

Im getting a laptop next year when I go to college. So I dont really want to get it early becuause computers will probebly be a lot faster in a year. haha

try and look for a used one , i got an asus a7v with an athlon 1100 and 512mb sdr for $20 just over , although i am in the uk and that mobo is a socket A one so it aint for a P4

Wouldnt it be better though to get an AGP 8x because thats what my graphics card is? I dont mind spending like $100 I just want a fast one that works. But im a newbie at computers so I have no idea what to look for. Also why is the Asus P4T533-C so EXPENSIVE! its 4-5 years old?! and its going for $285! WOAH

brockwed said:
Wouldnt it be better though to get an AGP 8x because thats what my graphics card is? I dont mind spending like $100 I just want a fast one that works. But im a newbie at computers so I have no idea what to look for. Also why is the Asus P4T533-C so EXPENSIVE! its 4-5 years old?! and its going for $285! WOAH
prolly cos it take rd ram but still 285 is ott

Well, if you don't mind spending $100 or so, look into getting the Biostar motherboard and DDR memory I linked to. That will be plenty fast and fully support your AGP 8X video card.

Back
Top Bottom