Windows Vista, uses way too much RAM!!!

MikeReiner said:
I'm just plain not getting vista until I absolutely have to, and that point I'll www.vlite.net it to death.
yeah i was looking at that the other day , i was gonna get a pirate vista and try it on a 512mb computer , why dont all the oems selling vista and 512mb ram machines use it , they would get much better performance

also i wint be gettin vista till late this year or early next year , if i have the money ofr a new build then

For those that have vista I just found a new gadget. Do a search for Multi Meter in the gadgets. Much better than the cpu monitor that comes with vista. Supports dual core systems! Although it does take up about 80 more megs of ram :) lol With all these fun little gadgets maybe I should upgrade to 4gigs.

I feel 2GB will see a significant improvements. As for the processes, I think it's just what you have going on in the background or what you have running at startup. I have Office 2007 which is another memory hog. Just think what would happen if I were to run Photoshop CS2!!!! I don't even have that installed yet because I've been getting by with Paint and Microsoft Picture Manager.

dude_se said:
i feel sorry for the people that buy crappy pc's from places like pc world. 512mb ram, crappy processors and running vista, and they are too n00bish to downgrade :(

heres an example. 40gb hdd, celeron, 512mb ram, intel uma graphics card (i have that card and aint too bad for the average user), http://www.pcworld.co.uk/martprd/st...m=null&tm=null&sku=307066&category_oid=-27751
luckily its only got vista basic on
yeah but vista takes like 15gb and 512mb ram thats crazy i have a celeron and they are functional enough but i wouldnt game with it cos that would be stupid and vista and integrated graphics isnt a match made in hevean

exactly. you wouldnt be able to do much on that system. the only good thing is that its vista basic and not any of the others. its still pretty stupid though.

dude_se said:
exactly. you wouldnt be able to do much on that system. the only good thing is that its vista basic and not any of the others. its still pretty stupid though.
lol i think it is kinda funny they should just put xp on it would be more functional

Vista, is not worth getting right now atleast for me. With the network programs, and cinema 4d, 3dmax stuff its not worth it. Nothing is even really compatible yet for it from what i seen. So im just going to stick with xp for the next year. :D lol

yeah but look how pretty the border of the window is?! :rolleyes:

that sucks some major male genitals.

Back
Top Bottom