internet question

Ronco Rox

Fully Optimized
well before i formatted my computer i had deleted a file called rlvknlg.exe and my computer ran fine. but now after i re-fromatted it the internet lags beyond belief. i want to delete it because it takes a lot of mem usage to run it, like 70,000K and i do think it has something to do with my internet cutting in and out recently.

i deleted it in the first place because accorind to this site and many others it is reconized as spyware/trojan (http://www.what-is-exe.com/filenames/rlvknlg-exe.html) which i don't really understand because it obviously came with the computer.

so could anyone tell me what this process really is? tanki

i mean even the icon in the system32 folder looks like its evil or something.
see
untitledna2.jpg
lol?

And you say that it was still there even after a format? I would run virus/spyware scans and see if they can fix it up

Matt

ya, umm... ive never seen that in the tray or anything, is this simply the OS install? or is this a disc that came with the computer and has some other stuff it installs...

but ya, do what matt says, cause thats def. not normal for a new reformat

when i run the scans it doesn't come up as a virus and this is with AVG and Nod32. and yes to format my computer i need a disk that eMachines have me so i'm thinking that it's the disk that is uploading this on my computer.

I would drop Emachines an email and see if they know about the file, and if they do how can you avoid it...and also give em a bit of anger if they do have spyware on their discs ;)

Matt

Back
Top Bottom