New York Politicians already enraged over GTA4

"And outraged political leaders say the rampant brutality of the game, Grand Theft Auto IV, has little in common with reality."

SO THEN WHY ARE THEY SOO MAD ABOUT IT!!! god they are so dumb, i seriously dont understand why they think they can control peoples lives and control peoples decisions, its THEIR decision if they want to buy the game, and NO a game cannot freakin make a killer! GAHHHH!!!! lol

bullzi said:
"And outraged political leaders say the rampant brutality of the game, Grand Theft Auto IV, has little in common with reality."

SO THEN WHY ARE THEY SOO MAD ABOUT IT!!! god they are so dumb, i seriously dont understand why they think they can control peoples lives and control peoples decisions, its THEIR decision if they want to buy the game, and NO a game cannot freakin make a killer! GAHHHH!!!! lol
the worst thing is the game hasnt even been made yet

yep, you think we might see the same thing in games as we are seeing in grindhouse??

bullzi said:
yep, you think we might see the same thing in games as we are seeing in grindhouse??
what a lot of people are trying to say is anyone who plays violent video games is gonna be a killer , i think there hads to be something wrong with you in the beggining for you to turn into a killer

ya exactly, i really dont understand that, i mean if your a 30year old that lives in your moms basement you probably already have problems, and adding this game isnt gonna help, lol

bullzi said:
ya exactly, i really dont understand that, i mean if your a 30year old that lives in your moms basement you probably already have problems, and adding this game isnt gonna help, lol
another ting that is annoying is that politicians dont get enraged when there is imagesof conflict and fighting in the world , thet other day i saw on the news aabout a car bomb in iraq and there was blood everywhere , pretty grusome but the politicians dont comlain then , they are all hypocrites if you ask me

bullzi said:
and NO a game cannot freakin make a killer! GAHHHH!!!! lol

Any experience can make a killer, especially ones that promote violence. Take a look at trends with school shooters, they all play violent games.

Jenox said:
Any experience can make a killer, especially ones that promote violence. Take a look at trends with school shooters, they all play violent games.
yeah but there must be some underlining problem to make you wanna shoot people , its like omg i just played gta now i wanna kill people and deal some drugs . :rolleyes:
and like i said in anotther thread just cause i played nfs carbon that means i wanna go and get in my car and drive round where i live racing peole and getting chased by the police yet theese racing games dont get targeted by dumbass politicians who dont even play theese games , they look at some dumbass statistics made by some more dumbasses then say omg theese gsames are like soooo bad everyone who plays them wants to get a gun and shoot people :rolleyes:

it only seems to be violent games getting targeted yet shouldnt racing games be getting targeted just as bad if they wanna target games , pretty soon they will be banning rayman cos peole wanna run round throwing orbs at people tis getting a bit crazy if you ask me :rolleyes:

OH btw i just seen the army in iraq on the news , now i wanna go and shoot some people with an AK47 so the news is gonna be banned by some dumbass politicians :rolleyes:

muz379 said:
yeah but there must be some underlining problem to make you wanna shoot people , its like omg i just played gta now i wanna kill people and deal some drugs . :rolleyes:
and like i said in anotther thread just cause i played nfs carbon that means i wanna go and get in my car and drive round where i live racing peole and getting chased by the police yet theese racing games dont get targeted by dumbass politicians who dont even play theese games , they look at some dumbass statistics made by some more dumbasses then say omg theese gsames are like soooo bad everyone who plays them wants to get a gun and shoot people :rolleyes:

It really depends on the person and how much the content influences them. I've seen people who got done playing Test Drive Off Road Wide Open and then decided to go off-roading, a harmless thing, but still the game influenced them to go do it. And Mortal Kombat, I know that game helped inspire my cousin to do martial arts. Or games that are family based tend to help influence the family by exposing sharing and caring and all that to the players. Games have a huge influence whether people want to be made aware of it or not.

muz379 said:
it only seems to be violent games getting targeted yet shouldnt racing games be getting targeted just as bad if they wanna target games , pretty soon they will be banning rayman cos peole wanna run round throwing orbs at people tis getting a bit crazy if you ask me :rolleyes:

Well of course violent games are the ones getting targeted. The content in them is rather controversial. Especially when that content gets released to an audience the game isn't targeting, example given, "M" rated games, targeted for an audience of players who are 17 an older, yet, this material is exposed to children and the like day in and day out, and at such an early stage of development, it can have an impact on the mind and possibly influence that individual to do or act in a way. It's no different then a child dressing up as the Grim Reaper or some other demonic figure, chances are they got the idea of that being "cool" from an older person or a game.

It's only crazy to you because you aren't thinking outside the box. It's no different then the thread about a guy who's parents won't let him play M rated games and he's 15. You have to think how the content being displayed will affect the entire population of gamers, because younger gamers like Mature Content and more then not, will get a hold of it some way or another.

muz379 said:
OH btw i just seen the army in iraq on the news , now i wanna go and shoot some people with an AK47 so the news is gonna be banned by some dumbass politicians :rolleyes:

That's a prime example of the people I see at the local Armory joining because they want to go shoot some "sand-ni**ers". I've heard it myself because I've been to my local armory for recruitment PLENTY of times. So yes, seeing the army can also inspire people to join the military or shoot shit or whatever. Will it be banned? No, because it's NEWS. :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom