xp mabey corrupt?

legal me and my friend have a new theroy we think that mabey some program is eating up all my prosseing power by constantly connecting to the internet
becouse every time i load a web browser my cpu power spikes

I remember seeing something like this before, but I can't remember where..I'll see if I can dig it up.

esa193 said:
legal me and my friend have a new theroy we think that mabey some program is eating up all my prosseing power by constantly connecting to the internet
becouse every time i load a web browser my cpu power spikes
This sounds to me like a virus, when you first reinstalled windows did you install a firewall before going online, you should have been ok though as if you have service pack 2 it should have windows own firewall on anyway

I would try the following programs in safe mode :

Sytem mechanic and c cleaner to clear out the junk from the registry, I know that this will make a big difference in the operation of the computer.

-edit-

trust me, i have used those and they work great. also you can try Reg doctor..using all three will clear out all the errors from the previous install of windows. I would get a full version of at least two of them though, it's well worth it.

Back
Top Bottom