Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas

~NeonFire372~

Golden Master
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
This is a shooting game that has lots of action, depth, a great storyline and will last you a while. There are lots of things to do, much more than previous versions. You are a member of a gang on Grove Street, in Los Santos, after returning to the city when you receive news of your mother's death. Throughout the game, you will form alliances and enemies.

Controls - The controls in this game are awesome. You can target with the shoulder button, shoot with circle and drive around using the analog stick. Controlling your character is also easy, using the analog stick. A third use for the analog stick is to manual target. Sometimes, when auto-targeting, you end up targeting someone incident such as a old person walking down the sidewalk and by the time you switch targets or turn around to get back to your primary target(s), they have shot you down. This doesn't happen all the time, but is a minor problem at times.

Graphics - I'm not a huge graphics fan, so take this section for granted. The graphics in the game are pretty good I guess, not the best I've saw, but gameplay is what counts in games like this. Sometimes, the frame rate is a little unstable but nothing really noticeable if you are really into the game.

Gameplay - Gameplay is the biggest thing in San Andreas. You can do many things from completing missions (killing people, transferring stolen goods, etc.) to doing side missions like ambulance driving, taxi driving, pimping, things like that. You can also spray paint things (called tags), which are equivalent to hidden packages in older versions of Grand Theft Auto. In this new installment of the series, you can also eat instead of use heart icons. A new feature that is kind of interesting is muscle and fat. As in real life, when you eat too much and don't do anything, you'll get fat. On the game, you can go to various gyms in the cities (Los Santos, Las Venturas, San Fierro) and work out. There are several machines. The first machine is the bench press. Here you... bench press. You can select a weight and just tap two buttons really fast and your character will lift the weights and hopefully become stronger. The second thing in the gym are dumbbells. You just do curls by selecting your weight and pressing the buttons fast as usual. There is also a treadmill-type machine where you can run and hopefully build up your stamina and lose weight. There is a boxing ring where someone will teach you new moves. Lots of things to do in this game, so little time to explore everything.

Cities - There are three cities really; Los Santos, resembling Los Angeles, CA. This is the first city you come to with the most gangster style. *SPOILER* After completing the Green Sabre mission, you are kicked out of the city and sent to the countryside, which is a bunch of towns with redneck people and probably the most annoying part of the game. >_> After that, you are in San Fierro, resembling San Francisco, CA. This city is full of trains and I just love the layout of the city. After that, there are more countryside around, and a deserty theme... and Las Venturas, resembling Las Vegas, NV. It even has the famous Las Vegas (Las Venturas, sorry) sign there when you are driving in. My favorite area is definitely San Fierro, for just the beauty of it. I hated the countryside. Las Venturas was okay and Los Santos was pretty good.

In Conclusion - This game causes lots of controversy, especially with the whole Hot Coffee thing (if you don't know, google it along with GTA or something) that happened with the earlier versions of San Andreas, giving it a AO (Adults Only) rating in the US and getting it pulled off shelves. The game survived, and definitely is one of the most popular, longest and greatest games for the PlayStation 2 system.

Yeah, Rockstar released a Version 2.0 of San Andreas shortly after that whole Hot Coffee mess. The difference is that they've blocked out the ability to modify the game, even if it's just to modify the cars or characters. Any third-party modifications are not allowed. I think Version 2.0 has replaced all copies on store shelves because I can't seem to find the first version out anywhere.

alvino said:
Yeah, Rockstar released a Version 2.0 of San Andreas shortly after that whole Hot Coffee mess. The difference is that they've blocked out the ability to modify the game, even if it's just to modify the cars or characters. Any third-party modifications are not allowed. I think Version 2.0 has replaced all copies on store shelves because I can't seem to find the first version out anywhere.
Version 2 is found everywhere now, but you can still get the original version on eBay. I got the first version as a bonus when I bought something on eBay, along with the second version from GTA: The Trilogy which I bought on eBay before and V2 for PC.

It's harder to get Hot Coffee on PS2 anyway, I haven't bothered to try. Not interested. >_>

I only have the version for PS2 but its incredible. the graphics are a little etchy but thats because there are no loading points between islands (sweetness) but thats what you get.

the stroy line has to be the greatest so far out of all of them. but theres something about it that doesn't amount up to GTA III. in that game your character and the city just seems to be more badass than SA or VC. but overall SA is a great game for PC, xbox, or PS2.

sometimes it goes crazy because the cars go really fast and theres a huge pile up. i hate that. im not sure if its a glitch but it sucks

Ronco Rox said:
I only have the version for PS2 but its incredible. the graphics are a little etchy but thats because there are no loading points between islands (sweetness) but thats what you get.

the stroy line has to be the greatest so far out of all of them. but theres something about it that doesn't amount up to GTA III. in that game your character and the city just seems to be more badass than SA or VC. but overall SA is a great game for PC, xbox, or PS2.
Yeah, the no loading times between islands is great. I have it for PS2 and PC.

Heh, I find it funny when you crash into someone and that driver flips out and they start trying to ram you, but in the process they ram someone else and they flip out and it becomes a whole chain of mad drivers trying to ram each other. Heh...then it eventually involves the police...:p

That's never happened to me before. :D But whenever the police touch me, even if it was them that touched me and not me doing it, they'll give me a wanted level and start chasing.

I had it on the PS2. The graphics were ass though, and it's the only GTA game I've finished without cheating.

Back
Top Bottom