Hardware of the near Future and other questions!

Xiggy

Daemon Poster
1. Is it true that they are making new models of the e6300 and e6400 to put 4mb cache in them instead of 2?

2. Does any one have any info or even estimate when the newer directx10 cards are coming out?

3. Are there even going to be lower models in the 8000 series of nvidia in the first place?

4. Will intel still be selling their core 2 duo's when the 45nm versions come out?....or will they still make both and have the same processor names just one having faster speeds?

5. Is directx10 really easier on a computer then directx9....because i heard it proecess's 70% faster ...but that could have also helped them make better looking images right?

6. Has anyone played S.T.A.L.K.E.R. because i want it bad :) (non hardware related)

7. Now that they are putting video cards in cell phones from high name brands like nvidia...do you think they will start selling better looking games and possibly game controlers for them :p?

Thanks for answering any one of these questions...some may be opinion and some may not be known at all which is fine with me thanks guys :)!

1. Is it true that they are making new models of the e6300 and e6400 to put 4mb cache in them instead of 2?
If they change the cache, they will also change the name

2. Does any one have any info or even estimate when the newer directx10 cards are coming out?
Not for a while

3. Are there even going to be lower models in the 8000 series of nvidia in the first place?
Expect an 8600GS card

4. Will intel still be selling their core 2 duo's when the 45nm versions come out?....or will they still make both and have the same processor names just one having faster speeds?
If they switch size, same name, just higher speeds

5. Is directx10 really easier on a computer then directx9....because i heard it proecess's 70% faster ...but that could have also helped them make better looking images right?

6. Has anyone played S.T.A.L.K.E.R. because i want it bad (non hardware related)
Yes great game, i made a thread

7. Now that they are putting video cards in cell phones from high name brands like nvidia...do you think they will start selling better looking games and possibly game controlers for them :p?
I highly doubt you'll get a controller for your cellphone

i've heard rumors about the extra cache being put into the e6300 and e6400, but i have not seen anything confiming it from intel. I do know (from an intel retail edge thingy) that intel plans on an 8-core processor by febuary next year.

2/3) not sure about ATI's R600. Nvidia should be coming out with their 8600 line shortly, but i know know of an exact date.

4) not quite sure about this one...

5) Oh yes it does. That DX 10 processor in the card really boosts the video quality and performance. not sure if every DX10 card will support it, but atleast teh 8800's support HDR lighting and AA. somehting that used to cause problems if both were enabled.

6) fraid i havn't played S.T.A.L.K.E.R. but i want to too.

7)oh god i hope so. i really want that razar V3xx. Battery life is supposed to be unbelive able with the nvidia video card in it.

thanks guys that was a lot of help :D

and yeh i think it would be sweet to have a phone with higher resolutions etc. because even my slvr right now only does 640x480

and yeh i hope that the 8600gs will be affordable...like $150 or something..and yet still be fast like the 8800's...maybe just like 256mb ram or maybe still 320

and the thing about the two lowest core 2 duo's (e6300...e6400) i heard randomly that they were both getting 4mb of cache like every other core 2 duo so they could run faster.....but idk it would be cool becasue then i would wait till the 45nm version and buy one :)

the 8600 will have 256MB of ram and will run from 150-225 and perform somewhere near a 7900GT but will be DX10 compatible

sweet so pretty much a pretty good card that runs dx10...thank you very much for the info..personally i think it will be slightly better then the 7900gt mainly because its newer but its go you compared it too something for me thx!

woot 500th post! :)....maybe one day i shall become a guru :D!

45nm is going to be the penryn right?... i'm thinking they'll give it a new name.. if not they'll just change the 'e' suffix like they did with the kentsfield

Xiggy said:

6. Has anyone played S.T.A.L.K.E.R. because i want it bad :) (non hardware related)

Thanks for answering any one of these questions...some may be opinion and some may not be known at all which is fine with me thanks guys :)!
1-It won't be E6300, but E6350 :D

2-Oh boy, to me, wait til 2010!

3-8300, 8600 series.

4-It's not going to be a Core 2 Duo, correct me if I'm wrong. They will evolute on the Penryn and Nehalem core. Over 3GHZ stock speed and a FSB of 1333MHZ. up to 12MB cache.

5-That I don't know. To my rules in the book, the more quality the graphics are, the slower it gets. It could be possible that DirectX10 renders better images, using less power.

6-Never played that game.

7-Nvidia Goforce is already in the market. I hate cell phones, but you need to look in phone that have a Goforce MGPU.

thanks man..and yeh now that i remember it will be called the 6350..prolly be like $10 more which i will prolly snag one

ne ways i think from most information ive heard about dx10 renderer's such as just the chips on the video cards can do it 70% faster..meaning i guess that since the chips are so much faster or maybe the fact that dx10 is possibly made very simple to process allowing it to be more direct and getting more textures in

understand what im saying :)??

Back
Top Bottom