help burning??

lhamil64

In Runtime
help with linux?

well i got linux burned and i stuck it into my other laptop and it works but i have 1 question. can i boot up linux from the disk or do i have to install it?

you can download a bootable version where u can run it without installing. what linux version did u download??

Re: help with linux?

That depends if the CD have a Live option. If the CD boots Live, then it will work. Usually, if it's a live CD, you should be able to boot and run live just like that.

i downloaded Ubuntu linux if that is how u spell it lol
not sure if its a Live cd or not.

EDIT: also i have a computer i do not use and it has 2 hdds on it. i tried installing linux through the CD i burned and it was like the CD was not in the drive. but when i booted up the computer and went into "My Computer" the CD was there and i clicked it. It came up with a splash screen saying "Browser loading..." and when it went away it just froze the computer for a little and didn't do anything.

okay, you need to boot the computer with the ubuntu cd in it. Then just make sure that the cd drive is the 1st boot device (you can change this in bios) and then when it asks to "press any key to boot from cd" press something. Then it should start up with the ubuntu cd. Then when you get to the desktop you can install it from there. And the best thing about this? You can browse the internet etc while installing the OS. :)

Back
Top Bottom