Build Rig

someone suggested that if im going to get a 19" lcd with max res:1280 x 1024
that i should get the 320mb 8800gts instead of the 640mb because the 640mb was if i was going to run at a resolution higher that 1280x1024? Is that true?
Should i get the 320mb if 1280x1024 is the max res. i am going to be running at?

you really shouldn't need additional cpu cooling, it's never been a problem for me, and the core 2 is supposed to be relatively cool compared to it's single cored predecessor the P4 atleast.. if it were me i'd get an upg. btw.. do you happen to have an OS? i can't believe i forgot to ask that.

i actually do i bought xp pro from circuitcity because there was a large discount on them.

should i buy a diff thermal paste for the cpu or use the stock one that comes with the cpu?

I have the GTS, and have no problems with resolutions. Video cards are smart enough to only work in modes that the moniter supports (unless you changed a master setting). And good pick on the evga. love thier products. make sure you register and you get a life time warranty.

If you could scavange some extra money, i'd get a E6600 in addition to what you have, but if not everything looks good.

as for the thermal paste, the stuff that comes with a C2D is relitily decent. i've seen people use the stock cooler with stock paste and OC the 6400 to 3.0+. If you do have an extra five dollars tho, i'd get Arctic Silver 5, best stuff on the market for paste.

its seems newegg ran out of the dvd/cd drive any other good suggestion for the something around the same price?

Back
Top Bottom