CPU Fan not working. NEED HELP!!

PuNkY said:
is there any way i test the fan? i just want to make sure that works too.

are there any other fan slots on the board? if not try another motherboard in another computer

EDIT: try cutting a small wire in half, strip both ends (so you have two small wires) stick one end of each little wire into the small holes for the red and black wires, then stick the red into the yellow on your molex connectors, and the black into the black on the molex, that should give you a good test :)

ISOwner said:
Fans themselves usually work most of the time. You can always test for continuity by using a voltmeter :p. Plug both leads onto the pins and see if there's a readout.

ya, your right, there is rarely a fan that does not work, very rare..

bullzi said:
are there any other fan slots on the board?

wow, bad luck with the open box, I had better luck with mine (ASUS P5NSLi) thankfully...

try it in the other motherboard fan controller (CHA or PWR FAN), if it works, then that one controller (CPU) is bad...

if that one doesn't work either, then you know why the other person returned it...

i really dont know whats going on. i think its the wire that connects the fan and mother board. but then again i tried connecting a diffrent fan.

when i jiggled the fan wire a little bit, the lights turned on and the fan jumped for a second. i really don't know. im going to look more into it tomorrow when i have time.

PuNkY said:
i really dont know whats going on. i think its the wire that connects the fan and mother board. but then again i tried connecting a diffrent fan.

when i jiggled the fan wire a little bit, the lights turned on and the fan jumped for a second. i really don't know. im going to look more into it tomorrow when i have time.

well if you wiggled it and it jumped, its a bad soldering job on the motherboard or it could be the fan controller, but best luck would be to RMA it, or if worst comes to worse you can always get an adapter so you can use the harddrive molex power connectors for the fan if you cant RMA it.

I think its the fan because I tried it in other computers and had the same result.

oh, but didnt you say you tried a fan that you knew worked, and it didnt??

"well i thought that same thing but i tried an old fan from my dell (which i know works) and still nothing."

thats the thing thats REALLY confusing me! lol. i really dont know. i think i might be doing something wrong, but i check 3 or 5 times. is there anything in the BIOS i should look for?

eh... i dont think so, there shouldnt be a default "off" for the fans, lol, but im an abit person, i know nothing about ibm mobo's...

Back
Top Bottom