How many of you cycle?

freestyler105 said:
Swimming is supposedly 3 times as good for you as running. So running 15 miles is about the same as swimming 5. Plus swimming works almost all your muscles.
swimming is EXTREMELY good for your body probably more than 3 times as good

I tend to cycle to work at least 2-3 times a week, the bike is just a mountain bike, can't even remember the make right now. It cost about £350 5 years ago, but its on its way out, needing a major overhaul.

I want to get a decent road bike next time.

In regards to the swimming, it is a good cardio exercise because its completely non impact, and it tones all over, but I don't think the swimmer body is a good one, just too lean and wiry there is no definition, no proper shape to it.

Anyway!!

yeah, I cycle a little, Trek bikes are the best (have ridden in a week long camping trip with 3,000 other people, all the really good people had trek bikes. I am not an avid cyclist, though. I do like to mountain bike.

And yes, if you can't keep a steady pace at 15+ mph, then you should ride on the sidewalk, or if you insist on riding side by side. In the bike trip I did twice, there were so many stupid people who rode next to each other at about 8 mph, and too up our 1/2 of the road. Some people need common sense desperately...

wood_workur said:
yeah, I cycle a little, Trek bikes are the best (have ridden in a week long camping trip with 3,000 other people, all the really good people had trek bikes. I am not an avid cyclist, though. I do like to mountain bike.
I done a bike ride for charity in Kenya back in 99, was a brilliant experience. Wouldnt mind doing another one.

My MTB
Picture265.jpg

When I was in my teens in the 1950's, my father bought me an expensive racer, light? I could lift it with one finger, it was a Merlin, built by Bob Jackson Cycles & ridden by a lot of the top British riders of that time, later, in the 1970's, they had a stand at a cycle fair in New York, & couldn't sell enough of them, they had to triple their work force back in the UK to cope, mine was silver with narrow red lines on the mudguards & frame, in those days bikes didn't have the shortass 'guards of today that splatter you with mud, I was very proud of it.

Back
Top Bottom