You Will Be REWARDER If U HELP ME!!!

Zer0Cool

Fully Optimized
You Will Be REWARDED If U HELP ME!!!

Hello Evryone,

After I had reformatted my computer the other day, I started loading everything back (my saved files) on My Win XP-Home Edition, that's after I did all the updates and thats includes win xp service pack 2...etc

Now the problem is I install the Latest ICQ 5.1 and I tried to log in, but after I type in my # / password it crashes on me, giving me that Microsoft error (if I want to send it to Microsoft or not) I then went and investigated the problem further by clicking like “report details” I think… and here is what I found;

AppName: icqlite.exe AppVer: 20.52.2573.0 ModName: iphlpapi.dll

ModVer: 5.1.2600.2912 Offset: 00008eb1

C:\DOCUME~1\USER\LOCALS~1\Temp\ae75_appcompat.txt (this will be send to Microsoft if u want to send the error)

The Following information about your process will be reported

Code: 0xc0000005 Flags: 0x00000000
Record: 0x0000000000000000 Adresss: 0x0000000076d68eb1

System information:

Windows NT 5.1 Build 2600
……………etc

(I don't have Win NT 5.1, I have Windows Xp-Home, why woud it say that?)

After doing some research on google about the “Offset: 00008eb1” I was able to find that I wasn't the only one with this problem, and that it haz something to do with windows, something with the file name “iphlpapi.dll” in my system32. I read some forum post (most of them were in diff languadge for some reason) but I was able to follow the links that people gave to help.

1st Go to my START-RUN-CMD and type sfc /scannow (having my windows cd in) it did the check and didn't find anything…

2nd http://www.ascentive.com/support/new/images/lib/nt [...] hlpapi.dll Download this, it's the “iphlpapi.dll” file and copy it to C:\Windows\System32 on my comp. Now the problem with it was I can't remove the old one coz it's “in use by other programs” and I can't just copy over it, coz its telling me that I have to remove it first….

I need to get my ICQ working, its very important for me. (Now i am at work and will be home at about 7:30pm east time)

Thanks

ty raffz, that clears the confusion : )

I know u are a smary person, any ideas what to do ???

ty, but there is nothing i can see that would help me, raffaz how woud i enter into the safe mode, i want to try and replace that file when im in the sae mode, maybe that will do it...

Hmm, have you tested your RAM etc like it says in the link, your getting a memory access violation error, so you need to work out the cause of that.

To enter safe mode, you need to tap F8 at boot up to get the menu. I very much doubt that it will solve your problem tho.

hmm, well i will deff check the ram, but i mean its crazy...evrything else works, but ICQ dont work lol

Have you tried an older version of ICQ, or even trillian. I use trillian and it has ICQ built in.

Is there anything in event viewer about the problem?

Well i have my msn working just fine, and i have the latest aim working with no problems, i havent tryed the older version, (dont know where to get it) and no i didnt check the even view, but i will.

i mean my main consurn is to be able to communite with my brother in europe, and we use icq...u sad u have icq integrated to ur aim? hmmm if u can tell me exactly how maybe this will solve my problem, i mean id rather have my icq work the reqular way, but if we cant fix it, ther is not much options i would have,

but ya man, i appreciate ur help :DDD

I have trillian, it comes with MSN, AIM, ICQ, Yahoo, and IRC so there is no need for multiple clients. Have you got MSN and AIM running aswell as ICQ? If you have then it might be worth trying with them turned off. This might sound stupid aswell, but have you done a reboot since you installed IRQ?
EDIT
It might help to have a look here aswell for troubleshooting the stop error your getting, you will have more info to work with once you have checked event viewer, and theres not much more i can suggest without seeing the details from there.
http://aumha.org/a/stop.htm

Back
Top Bottom