British people captured in Iran

hascet said:
Well, sounds like the same boat the US was in after September 11th, except different circumstances go tthem there...but I belive that Iran will get invaded like DJ -CHRIS said...if it were up to me, I would take a couple of stealth bombers blow up one of their cities then come in with a huge force of attack helis and spec ops to get out the British sailors then pull out and leave them in the dust...but thats just my opinion.

This kind of thinking is what gets people killed for no reason. So, you're basically suggesting that we blow up an entire city full of people who have absolutely nothing to do with the incident, then, as if that wouldn't spark enough shit-storms in the U.N, we invade them?

Everyone's little plan of sending in Special Forces troops, which is grand an all, except there's one tiny problem: Where are the abducted? There isn't enough intel to get an EXACT location of them. Which is probably why they're still being held captive.

If it's logic you want then you have to be logic yourself. The U.S and British forces have jack-squat for intel on the matter. Other then what the abductor's have said and released. In my opinion: This is just another Nick Berg episode all over again.

Nothing we can do about it, and suggesting that we go kill thousands of other people at the sake of 15 is a rather unintelligent thing to do. Besieging a city, yeah, we're just getting a time-frame on when we're getting out of Iraq, I don't plan on watching my country got through another 5 years of war just because someone wanted to get all gung-ho on innocent people. :rolleyes:

EDIT:

Iran's going to get invaded.

Well with the two aircraft carriers in the Persian Gulf and the war-games that happened this week it certainly is looking to be that way. *sigh* If we could go ONE presidential term without war...I mean, is it so much to ask that we help OUR country rather then other, useless countries? :rolleyes:

Jenox said:
This kind of thinking is what gets people killed for no reason. So, you're basically suggesting that we blow up an entire city full of people who have absolutely nothing to do with the incident, then, as if that wouldn't spark enough shit-storms in the U.N, we invade them?

Everyone's little plan of sending in Special Forces troops, which is grand an all, except there's one tiny problem: Where are the abducted? There isn't enough intel to get an EXACT location of them. Which is probably why they're still being held captive.

If it's logic you want then you have to be logic yourself. The U.S and British forces have jack-squat for intel on the matter. Other then what the abductor's have said and released. In my opinion: This is just another Nick Berg episode all over again.

Nothing we can do about it, and suggesting that we go kill thousands of other people at the sake of 15 is a rather unintelligent thing to do. Besieging a city, yeah, we're just getting a time-frame on when we're getting out of Iraq, I don't plan on watching my country got through another 5 years of war just because someone wanted to get all gung-ho on innocent people. :rolleyes:

EDIT:

Well with the two aircraft carriers in the Persian Gulf and the war-games that happened this week it certainly is looking to be that way. *sigh* If we could go ONE presidential term without war...I mean, is it so much to ask that we help OUR country rather then other, useless countries? :rolleyes:
Maybe, I'm just being unreal because terrorists killed thousands of Americans who had nothing to do with the troops who walked on their holy land, totally oblivious to the ROE, if you wanna fight a war against these people and win your gonna have to fight using their tactics.

I predict that;

[1] Iran will not be invaded by us, [I hope bush doesn't get gung-ho!!] as a military spokesman said, we don't know where they are being held, he went on, imagine the situation in reverse, Iran wouldn't send an expeditionary force to England.

[2] Also, we'd be committing political madness, & god knows what that would bring about, Iran civilians are already on the streets with placards that read "kill the British invaders".

Brookfield said:
I predict that;

[2] Also, we'd be committing political madness, & god knows what that would bring about, Iran civilians are already on the streets with placards that read "kill the British invaders".
Same thing that people in the Middle East are saying about US troops...even little kids with AK's are marching around in the streets burning US flags...its sad

Brookfield said:
I predict that;

[1] Iran will not be invaded by us, [I hope bush doesn't get gung-ho!!] as a military spokesman said, we don't know where they are being held, he went on, imagine the situation in reverse, Iran wouldn't send an expeditionary force to England.

explain Gung-ho!

just wondering what the term meant s'all.
Do you not think bush has done a good job?

ace777 said:
just wondering what the term meant s'all.
Do you not think bush has done a good job?

Umm, no.

I'm fscked out here as well - Seoul can be flattened with 1/2hr warning if Kim Jong Il feels like it, despite the fact that the KPA are a joke - they've got like no fuel, half of them are starving and they've got WW2 weaponry. South Korea could crush them no bother, but not without a small bit of American help.

hascet said:
Maybe, I'm just being unreal because terrorists killed thousands of Americans who had nothing to do with the troops who walked on their holy land, totally oblivious to the ROE, if you wanna fight a war against these people and win your gonna have to fight using their tactics.

You're joking right? You're seriously suggesting that we kill thousands of innocent people over FIFTEEN people? Yes, let's lower ourselves down to the terrorists level. That makes PERFECT sense. You are, without a doubt, an idiot. Please, do us a favor, gtfo. :rolleyes:

This is also one of the reasons why I want to leave this country. It's idiots like this guy that get all gung-ho and don't think logically about anything. :rolleyes:

Ok, so, Al, myself, and Freestyle are going to Canada. Who's coming with! :D

Back
Top Bottom