OMG Please Help! I will LOVE you!!!1

Well, if you did work on the rug, that doesn't help. I'd take out all parts and put them in a safe place. Then, clean the case. Rebuild everything after.

well typically you need to touch the metal on the case before the components, that way you discharge all the static somewhere safe.

I have but one suggestion. Though I doubt it's the problem, make sure the red switch on your power supply is set to the correct voltage. 115V for US and 230V for UK, I believe? ...something like that anyways. There may be a slim possibility that it's set wrong. Good luck getting it fixed.

Lets get the facts straight.
It was working fine.
You blew it out with compressed air.
Now it doesnt work.

Simple logic says the compressed air cleaning was the cause, ie something is shorting or not making connection

You never, ever use a compressor to clean a computer. Besides way too much air pressure it blows out any water in the tank. Not only will it short out parts but act like sand blasting. You may have damaged a cap or rocked a chip out of its socket.

setishock said:
You never, ever use a compressor to clean a computer. Besides way too much air pressure it blows out any water in the tank. Not only will it short out parts but act like sand blasting. You may have damaged a cap or rocked a chip out of its socket.

I for one have been using air compressors to clean out computers for years. No water problems. The only thing I avoid doing is getting in there too close.
All I care for is getting most of the dust out, doesn't need to be perfect.

I agree with seti here, you shouldnt use an air compressor because they pull in moisture from the air, which then gets blown over the computer. You can get away with this by blowing the air for a bit before using it on the pc. The best thing to use is compressed air in a can for this.

Back
Top Bottom