PC not detecting video card?

is the AGP driver loaded...? here's a link just to make sure...

agp driver for M963GV (V5.0)

also check for a manual download on the site and read the bios/setup section to see how to disable the onboard video...

oh yeah, yes, press delete to get into the bios/setup...

Look for "primary video device". It's in the bios under internal or onboard devices. It may be set to pci which is the onboard video device. Change it to agp or vga device.

wol-va-rine said:
is the AGP driver loaded...? here's a link just to make sure...

agp driver for M963GV (V5.0)

also check for a manual download on the site and read the bios/setup section to see how to disable the onboard video...

oh yeah, yes, press delete to get into the bios/setup...

Ok i remember this now. the primary graphics was set to PCI but then i set it to AGP. would that make a difference? is that suppose to stop the generic graphic from installing? I also have the AGP driver for the mobo that you linked. what does "allocate IRQ to PCI VGA" mean?

osok24 said:
Ok i remember this now. the primary graphics was set to PCI but then i set it to AGP. would that make a difference? is that suppose to stop the generic graphic from installing?

yeah when you have it at agp then it will use the agp vid card instead of the pci one. So after you change that it should work fine.

still isnt working. i switched it from pci to agp and the mobo still isnt detecting the 7800gs video card instead just insalling the onboard. that link you gave me for my mobo to see if i had the current drivers on there is a section with a reading manual. can you look at it and tell me where i need to go to disable it? im not seeing any sort of onboard video that i can disable unless im blind. the manual shows all sections of BIOS but im such a noob at this stuff i am clueless sorry.

What you need to do is enter BIOS, by hitting repeatedly DEL, until you're in the menu. Then, look around for the primary display adapter. change to AGP and then, look for video memory sharing size. Set it to None. It should make the AGP card detected. Are you seeing something from the card?

osok24 said:
still isnt working. i switched it from pci to agp and the mobo still isnt detecting the 7800gs video card instead just insalling the onboard.
does it display anything if you plug the monitor into the agp card?

mammikoura said:
does it display anything if you plug the monitor into the agp card?

No nothing at all my monitor just blinks like its in sleep mode. but when i plug it into the back of my mobo it comes on sometimes.

Back
Top Bottom