Car Thread!

Tires make a big difference, especially in cornering. A good test is to go on the freeway and try to look for those 360 degree on ramp or when you're merging full circle to another freeway. I could be going 60mph around one of those fairly easily. I've got these 96Y or perhaps 98Y (forgot) rated tires and whew, they grip the road like a mother.

ArrizX said:
Haha, well mine isn't slow. Although I havent tried to drag anyone.

I know my car has 20 aftermarket horsepower. Its not much, but either way, better then stock.

My car corners like a beast though :D

I have a 3 degree pitch on all tires.

Did you put it on the Dyno to verify these changes? How do ya know what its putting down?

The reason you smoked a new SI is because they have no more torque than my car has... 200hp doesn't mean a thing when you've got just over 100 ft-lbs.

LambOfGod said:
Did you put it on the Dyno to verify these changes? How do ya know what its putting down?

No.

I know, just from looking at various specifications and listening to my brother.

The car has like 160 stock hp, with probably 10-12 added hp from the exhaust, and maybe another 5-6 with the cold air.

Not exactly 20, but you get the general idea. Its more then stock.

ArrizX said:
No.

I know, just from looking at various specifications and listening to my brother.

The car has like 160 stock hp, with probably 10-12 added hp from the exhaust, and maybe another 5-6 with the cold air.

Not exactly 20, but you get the general idea. Its more then stock.
Actually what companies advertise is all BS, intake is more like a sound mod 1-3HP, if the exhaust is a full catback that could give you some more gain.

Dude I raced a white SI like your he got me by half car, dang I wish I was stick. I could have won hehe.

upgraded my car ;)

DSC01359.jpg

DSC01358.jpg

DSC01357.jpg

DSC01356.jpg

What matters is how much power is getting to the wheels. Manufacturers usually give horsepower at the crank, so you will get around 30% drivetrain loss. But I think the SRT4 and Cobalt SS is measured at the wheels from the factory.

Back
Top Bottom