Help me with my parents and games...

Status
Not open for further replies.

superman22x

Golden Master
Ok, my parents hate M games and shooting games. So that leaves about 0 games left that are much fun, lol. They let me buy it if its T, like GRAW and BF. But I want to get M games, I have halo but thats it. Can you guys help me convince them to let me buy M games, and to see that shooting games arent that bad, not like I'm really going to do it. I dont see why they dont let me get them, I'm almost 16!!

Thanks

i was playing gta when i was like 7 loool. didnt affect me in anyway. if a video games makes you go out and kill people then its not the games fault... it means you have mental problems

yeah. video games don't mess up a person, but if they are brought up poorly (parents don't give a crap, and encourage bad behavior), then yeah, you will go nuts after playing doom. but it seems like you have responsible parents, that are looking out for your well being, and the only issue is convincing them that you can handle the games.

Yeah ive played them since i was young and i havent yet gone out and shot anyone ;)

If ur prone to suggestion then everyday life is bad, movies, news, games etc. But there r lots of good games too that dont involve shooting. U tried games like broken sword? theyre good. But i feel for ya!! u shud be able to choose what u want.

Yeah, sometimes if I download the game or something first than they see it they look at reviews online and see wat the think. It worked with halo, but they wouldnt let me install doom when my friend let me install it.

Well, tell them you'll just go watch the news and see Sadam hung, and people getting killed in Iraq, it'll seem like a walk in the park compared to Doom lol...but seriously, just talk to them about print some reviews and pictures of the games you want show them, don't ry and dress it up to look nice they can see right through that show them the real game, and what would be even better if you had some money that you could buy the games with or pay for part of them with :D hope that helps

Wow sorry but they sound really harsh!!

Some parents dont understand that they actually make it worse, ie make the kid want to rebel. U shud have ur freedom to do what u want!! (within reason lol)

The media makes everyone believe that video games are ruining America. Like that 15 minute portion of the news tonight. When they got to Grand Theft Auto (my parents don't know what it's really like ^_^) I just talked loudly so they wouldn't hear, lol.

I think before you play these types of games, you should be sure that you are responsible enough to know the difference.

my advice is(works for me anyways and im 13) just come right and say i want to buy that game. say it bold enough so the know your responsible enough to get it. dont say ANYTHING about the rating just hand it to them and ask em

Yeah, they know i'm responsible but they just dont like the violence. They wouldnt let my 10 year old sister play my ratchet and clank game, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom