Which Notebook/Laptop?

Hard pick. The both have their ups and downs.

#1 Has better graphics
#2 Can upgrade to 4GB of RAM

What would you be using the laptop for?

Thanx for your reply PuNkY

I would be using it for applications such as Visual Basic.NET studio, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Flash, Adobe Illustrator. I would also run Windows XP Professional 64bit (do not need Vista yet, since I dont have any software for it). Sometimes I need to have multiple applications open. What I am mostly wondering is what is the difference in the Processors of the laptops I posted? What is the latest technology? Is Intel Core Duo better than Intel Centrino Duo Mobile Technology or vice versa? Is Sony better than Toshiba or vice versa? Thanx

All the links take you to a page where you have to enter a Canadian postal code...

PA800dude said:
Thanx for your reply PuNkY

I would be using it for applications such as Visual Basic.NET studio, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Flash, Adobe Illustrator. I would also run Windows XP Professional 64bit (do not need Vista yet, since I dont have any software for it). Sometimes I need to have multiple applications open. What I am mostly wondering is what is the difference in the Processors of the laptops I posted? What is the latest technology? Is Intel Core Duo better than Intel Centrino Duo Mobile Technology or vice versa? Is Sony better than Toshiba or vice versa? Thanx
Intel Core Duo is better. Its the newest technology out. I would suggest #1 cause of the better graphics since you will use PS and Flash etc. Don't take my word for it, I don't want you to blame me for suggesting a bad laptop lol. hopefully some one else will suggest.
hascet said:
All the links take you to a page where you have to enter a Canadian postal code...
Same with me but I have a friend in Canada so I knew one. That is kinda weird though.

Thank you for your help

Here is information from Notebooks

Notebook 1 (SONY):
Features:
1.73GHz Intel®Core™ Duo Processor T2250 (2MB L2 cache, 533MHz FSB)
1GB (2 x 512MB) PC2-4200 DDR2 SDRAM, expandable to 2GB
120GB 5400RPM SATA Hard Drive
8x DVD+/-R/RW
15.4" WXGA LCD with XBRITEâ„¢ technology (1200 x 800)
Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator 950 with 224MB total available graphics memory
Intel® PRO Wireless 3945ABG Network Connection (802.11a/b/g)
10Base-T/100Base-TX
Ports: Multimedia Card Reader: Memory Stick PRO™ and Memory Stick PRO Duo™ media with MagicGate® functionality; Ethernet Port; Headphone Jack; i.LINK®Interface; Modem Jack; Secure Digital Slot; Microphone Input; 2 USB 2.0; VGA Output; DC-In
Microsoft Windows Vistaâ„¢ Home Premium, English
Dimensions: 14.4”W x 1.6”H x 10.5”D
Weight: 6.5lbs

Notebook 2 (Toshiba):
Features:
1.73GHz Intel® Centrino® Duo Mobile Technology featuring Intel® Core™ Duo processor T2250 (2MB L2 cache)
1GB DDR2 SDRAM, expandable to 4GB
120GB SATA Hard Drive
DVD Super-Multi Double Layer
15.4" WXGA TFT with TruBriteâ„¢ screen technology (1280 x 800 maximum resolution)
Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 950 with 8MB - 128MB shared video RAM
Intel 802.11a/b/g Wireless
10/100 integrated Ethernet LAN
V.92 56k modem
16-bit stereo, built-in stereo speakers
Ports: 4 USB 2.0; 1 IEEE 1394; TV-Out; 1 PC Card slot; 1 Express Card slot
Microsoft Windows® Vista Home Premium, English
Weight: 2.8kg

Back
Top Bottom