Battlefield 2

Ð88

Fully Optimized
Does anyone know if a person who has Battlefield 2 installed with the Euro Forces and Armored Fury expansions can play LAN games with a person who doesnt have those expansions? I tried to get a game going with my friend but he has the expansions and I dont and I think that may be the reason why any server that I create or he creates wont show up for the other to join. It says our version numbers are the same so i dont know what else it is. And I know the LAN connection definitely works.

rep for who can help me out :)

it wont work because the core dll of the game has changed to allow the expansion packs to be playable. the versions of most files are the same but since some arent, the 2 games cant comminicate properly

rudster816 said:
it wont work because the core dll of the game has changed to allow the expansion packs to be playable. the versions of most files are the same but since some arent, the 2 games cant comminicate properly

and you know that for sure? I know the extra maps that he has obviously won't work but I just can't see why we arent able to play on the original battlefield 2 maps. But yeah...you are probably right...unfortunately for me :(

but thanks for your help, rep as promised.

and probaly since they add guns your friends game wouldnt know what to spawn....cant you play JUST Battlefield 2 regular thats how most expansion packs work it basicly installs a whole new game but with references to old textures maps and code

yeh....either that or you can get them yourself :)...about $10 i think and you can have them both :)...or special forces :)

uh you can play with your friend, i do all the time, i only have battlefield 2, no expansion at all, my friend has every expansion pack available we play all the time over lan, just make sure that you both boot up the original battlefield 2, not any of the expansion games, you BOTH have to be running the SAME version! it works, i do it all the time.

Ð88 said:
and you know that for sure? I know the extra maps that he has obviously won't work but I just can't see why we arent able to play on the original battlefield 2 maps. But yeah...you are probably right...unfortunately for me :(

but thanks for your help, rep as promised.

If you play on the regular bf2 maps then you are playing REGULAR bf2 not AF or EF (They are BOOSTER packs not expansion packs)... all they do is give you more maps to play, nothing else. So if you play a regular map nothing will be different than if you never had them installed to begin with

bullzi said:
uh you can play with your friend, i do all the time, i only have battlefield 2, no expansion at all, my friend has every expansion pack available we play all the time over lan, just make sure that you both boot up the original battlefield 2, not any of the expansion games, you BOTH have to be running the SAME version! it works, i do it all the time.

that's what we wanted to do but Euro Forces and Armored Fury boot up a long with the the original Battlefield 2. They aren't like Special Forces where you have to run it separate so I figured that's what makes it different. :confused:

Bob94571 said:
If you play on the regular bf2 maps then you are playing REGULAR bf2 not AF or EF (They are BOOSTER packs not expansion packs)... all they do is give you more maps to play, nothing else. So if you play a regular map nothing will be different than if you never had them installed to begin with

and that's exactly what I originally thought. Hmm....IDK, he doesn't seem to know a lot about his computer so there might be a possibility that a firewall is blocking the connection between our computers. I told him to disable his Norton Internet Security in order to make sure our connection is open but he refused to. Instead he did some disabling on just the firewall. Who knows if he did it correctly.

Maybe there is hope yet. I don't particularly want to buy the booster packs either.

Also, does anyone know which ports have to be open for Battlefield 2 to connect through a LAN? edit - n/m i found the info in the BF2 manual for that.

Back
Top Bottom