Zeroed File Recovery

I haven't been running the affected HD much. At the time, I had purchased a 250GB HD to replace the 20GB (the one I had all my system and program files on) and 80GB (the one I had pics and music on) that I had on my PC. My issue was, how to get all the files and settings from the two on to the 250GB HD. Looking back it's simply enough, but my thought was that I should put the data from the 20GB drive on the 80GB drive, then put that data on the 250 GB drive.

Anyway, after I screwed up I reinstalled windows on the 250GB drive, re-downloaded alot of my programs from files saved in emails, and put the other drives in storage. I made alot of mistakes, but learned alot in the process. SO the drives haven't been used much at all during this time.

Oh, and all the files are still there ... they just say "0 bytes" and I can't view them.

I might be on to something ...

I got the demo version of GetDataBack. When I run the scan, GDB shows me all the files I knew were still already there, but all the other programs, tells me these files have zero bytes. What GDB told me that the others didn't is that it is a jpeg #41 error.

It says:

JPEG ERROR #41
Info: APPEXC:
Address: 005BFBB3

Then it says "Stack Dump" and has a cancel button.

I've tried looking up jpeg error #41 online, and it seems to be repairable, but it seems to be something that happens to webmasters.

Anyone have any ideas?

Back
Top Bottom