(Help me with my dvd burner!) (movie with audio but no video?)

Predator182

Solid State Member
Ok, so im having trouble with my dvd burner. First off I dont even know if i have one, when i ordered my computer a year ago, i bought a dvd burner with it. I've tired before to get it working, but it never has worked. I've tried using different programs to burn it, but none work. Im not sure what type of dvd burner i have (if any) So if you need more info tell me how to get it and i will.

Oh, and i downloaded this movie, but all i got was the audio. It's the size of a typical movie, but i cant see the video.

Can you guys/girls help me with either of these?

Thank you!

firstly right click my computer, select properties , hardware,device manager then you should see a list and one of them should say what dvd drive you have, you can click on it and it will tell you what they are,if you have a yellow triangle at the side of it then you have a problem, secoundly the reason you have audio but no picture is you will need to install the correct codecs to play that type of file (im asuming you are watching it with windows media player ) try downloading free XP CODECS)

Ok, so i have a dvd burner (SONY CDRWDVD CRX310EE)

So how come I cant burn dvd's. Whenever I press the "burn" button, it says there is no dvd inserted. I have three different types of blank dvd's. (DVD+RW, DVD+R, DVD-R.) Any of them work? Or what?

And, where could I download this "XP CODECS"?
Thank you.

Nero 7 is the latest version so its up to you, i have nero6, there are lots of different ones to use, disc juggler, ashampoo suit, stomp, sonic etc, i would recommend nero,.
If you are doing movies as you said. you are probabley downloading avi files so you will need a avi converter aswell if you are planning to make them a dvd, unless you have dvd player that plays avi files.

No, i dont think my dvd player does.

So where would I download these?
I could probably find nero, but a "Avi converter"?

If you can get hold of nero 7 you will be able to convert your avi files and burn them with that program otherwise you can use WIN AVI or SUPER DVD CREATOR 9 as file converters there are others im only stating personal preference

Back
Top Bottom