which weould you like implemented the most

root said:
ahhh, you underestimate the power of the noob...
people will still ask, just now we'll be able to point them to well written reviews rather than a short sentance reply.

people don't use the search function really.

To be honest, I think that it should be a board to it'self with main page listing, general hardware/software is getting a little too cluttered with subforums.

I guess it's for you to decide, but it really wouldn't hurt to put a new main category up, even if that meant merging a couple of the other forums into a singular forum (I'm thinking the two hosting ones).
I agree with the forum on the main index idea. Merging shared and dedicated hosting would probably be a better idea, that would make room for the reviews forum.

Le GoogelGuRu said:
I agree with the forum on the main index idea. Merging shared and dedicated hosting would probably be a better idea, that would make room for the reviews forum.

i said that before. even if they wernt merged it would be ok. some forums have loads of sections but still manage to keep it fairly clean

dude_se said:
i said that before. even if they wernt merged it would be ok. some forums have loads of sections but still manage to keep it fairly clean
Yeah, having more forums on the index page doesn't make a forum look terrible or anything. I've saw forums with way too many, but I've also saw technology-related forums with a specific forum on the index for each component or so; such as "Motherboards and RAM", "Graphic Cards", etc. so you could go to the area that is most related to your problem. All we have really is the technicial forums and general computer hardware and software.

How do you guys expect to do reviews on products if you don't have them or access to them? You can't plagiarize other reviews and call them your own. A review has to be based on a hands on usage of the product. Otherwise it's second hand data. Review sites have worked out a borrow or buy arrangement with makers. You either have to buy it outright or return it after you're done.

setishock said:
How do you guys expect to do reviews on products if you don't have them or access to them? You can't plagiarize other reviews and call them your own. A review has to be based on a hands on usage of the product. Otherwise it's second hand data. Review sites have worked out a borrow or buy arrangement with makers. You either have to buy it outright or return it after you're done.
We'd only review things we have...

freestyler105 said:
We'd only review things we have...

yea obviously.there are plenty of members on here that will make it a great source for information

setishock said:
We can review products we do own. :)

Jenox said:
All I want to know about the review section is this...

1. Is it entitled ONLY to PC components?
2. What kind of criteria must the review have?
3. Will a review have to be submitted before approved and posted?
4. Should we impose a rating system other then the current rating system to scale on whether or not the review is satisfactory or not?
Yeah if we can work out these sort of questions then I think its good to go

I think we should be able to review anything related to technology. Example, cell phones, computers, RAM, even technology customer service for companies. :)

Le GoogelGuRu said:
I think we should be able to review anything related to technology. Example, cell phones, computers, RAM, even technology customer service for companies. :)
yeah , we could build up a database of reviews on certasin prodicts , like we could judge who is the best isp although thay may not work because of the us/uk/canada/rest of world thing but still we could try

Back
Top Bottom