Nvidia 7800GS compatible mobo?

osokk

In Runtime
I just got a new mobo PCCHIPS M963GV 5.X and also a new video card Nvidia Geforce 7800GS AGP. Are these compatible? Im having a hard time find this info.

Don't see why not. Both are AGP. Make sure u disable the onboard gfx (if u need to do this to make the 7800 work) that might cause a few probs otherwise.

No idea what kinda power the card needs just make sure that u have a decent enough PSU, and if need be make sure that u plug the power cable into the card too if it needs it.

Anubis1980 said:
Don't see why not. Both are AGP. Make sure u disable the onboard gfx (if u need to do this to make the 7800 work) that might cause a few probs otherwise.

No idea what kinda power the card needs just make sure that u have a decent enough PSU, and if need be make sure that u plug the power cable into the card too if it needs it.

I just upgrade my PSU from 350w to 500w i hope thats enough. Also it seems that when i boot my pc up with my new card it will boot up but my monitor wont come on its like it stays in sleep mode. Right now i have my old card my ati radeon 9800xt and it works fine with no problems. How do i find my onboard gfx?

If ur useing another card on it then dont worry it shud be fine :)

Also its the 12v rating u need to be wary of. PSU have a 12v rating , sometimes 2 or 4 etc, gfx cards need certain AMP ratings on the PSU to work.

Anubis1980 said:
If ur useing another card on it then dont worry it shud be fine :)

Also its the 12v rating u need to be wary of. PSU have a 12v rating , sometimes 2 or 4 etc, gfx cards need certain AMP ratings on the PSU to work.

whats the next step i should do cuz when i try to install the latest drivers for nvidia i get this window popping up saying that my hardware drivers is not compatible or something like that.

You sure you are installing the right ones, ie the ones ur OS needs and not the 8800 series driver.

Anubis1980 said:
You sure you are installing the right ones, ie the ones ur OS needs and not the 8800 series driver.

can you do me a favor and link me the right drivers for that card. i have a windows xp OS its a 7800GS nvidia. this is just to make sure i have the right ones. Oh yeah heh everytime i start my pc up im getting this error also:

RunDLL
error loading cmicnfg.cpl
the sepcified module could not be found

Back
Top Bottom