which weould you like implemented the most

Sigs would be nice. That would be something REALLY new. I would like it. Colors, text alignment, blah blah. No pictures sucks, and just regular text in sigs sucks, so this would be pretty nice. :)

@jenox. you made a suggestion for the 300 second limit, now you are changing to formatting? :p

Atomic Rooster said:
Auto Closing threads . . . Eh, why bother?

A web site to Accompany Cforums.org . . . Too much work and not needed.

Formatting in sig's . . . I pretty much disable sigs. They are mostly annoying. Besides, if we can't have custom avatars, what makes you think they'll allow this?

300 second wait time for PMs? . . . Stupid idea. I've never had problems at more popular forums with PMs.

Trade rep . . . Nice idea, I've seen it elsewhere. But as said before, not enough deals are done here.

Review section . . . Only good idea that would be useful to the site.

I pretty much agree with this. Everyone is after a review forum right? under general hardware?

All I want to know about the review section is this...

1. Is it entitled ONLY to PC components?
2. What kind of criteria must the review have?
3. Will a review have to be submitted before approved and posted?
4. Should we impose a rating system other then the current rating system to scale on whether or not the review is satisfactory or not?

David Lindon said:
I pretty much agree with this. Everyone is after a review forum right? under general hardware?
A review section would be great, but why as a subforum? I think it would be better as a forum that is shown on the index page; guests looking for information could find it better and that might increase traffic to the forums. :)

yeah, I would do it as forum on the index page, and then have a sub category for software, and another one for random stuff.

oh and jenox:
1)no
2)pros, cons, and other thoughts
3)no, but the review section will have stricter rules (only posting reviews, no posting the review for the same product twice, must be in the same threads)
4)no, there is already a rating system.

muz379 said:
yeah we have enough members so that when each one buys a producty they reviewit and it will stop 100's of thread ofpeople asking what do you think of product x or should i buy this etc,etc

ahhh, you underestimate the power of the noob...
people will still ask, just now we'll be able to point them to well written reviews rather than a short sentance reply.

people don't use the search function really.

David Lindon said:
To be honest, I think that it should be a board to it'self with main page listing, general hardware/software is getting a little too cluttered with subforums.

I guess it's for you to decide, but it really wouldn't hurt to put a new main category up, even if that meant merging a couple of the other forums into a singular forum (I'm thinking the two hosting ones).

Back
Top Bottom