Keyboard Typos

jhh72

Solid State Member
Hi everyone.

Just having an ssue with my microsoft wireless keyboard (multimedia keyboard 1.1) or computer? When typing ,some keystrokes are left out,space bar not responding etc,finding i have to proof read all the time and fix up the errors etc.Been doing this for a very very long time now,,just though it was me so have been "typing" physiclly harder and at times sloer but still occuring..have noticed when in windows word there appears to be no issues..hmmm..problem so far occurs when replying in forums exactly like this one and others and also my emails...i have used another keyboard same as mine and prob still occuring.Have updated drivers and checked battery terminals,battery life and placement of receiver is very clos to keyboard and optical mouse( about 2feet away) have also noticed that as sai in certain programs when typing the flashing cursor is not "steady" or "even" in its blinking rate,,,its rather all over the shop and behaving spasmodically? wheras right now its normal..i have not edited this post as it shows te typos s an example...

Running pentium 2.6,1g memory,80gigH/D with 60% space..Cpu shows 80-90% when 1st open task manager but quickly notice it drops back to 5-10% usage and 59processes occuring if that helps?my thoughts were just the keyboard but now im thinking its computer.connected to USB are 2 printers,webcam and scanner..have just disconnected usb cable used for camera to see if that makes a differance..also at one stage ha an external 7 port usb hub but had issues so left it pugged into tower but disconnected at hub.

Sorry for the epic just thought as uch detail as possible will help..

Many thanks in advance for your help/info as this is driving me nuts!

thats odd, sometimes that happens with me and a simple reboot will fix the problem, and you said that a different keyboard and mouse does the same thing?? if it does, try getting new chipset drivers

yeah weird,,i have recetly used another keyboard exactly the same as mine and typos still occuring...bu i havent used say another "type" of wireless keyboard to check,just dont have access to ne etc.

abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz abcdefghijklmnoqrstuvwxyz abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz

I use the microsoft wireless keyboard too and I am getting this, I have had mine for about a year and a half now, and sometimes when I type it's like the last key I press gets kept down and I get this "Sometimes it's good to have a keyboard that workssssssssssss" Like that and I have to look up and delete it, I also keep missing out on words like you said, I have tried replacing the batteries.

hmmm,,interesting.this keyboard would be about 2 and a bit yrs old now.....being curious im taking mine apart to check have alook at the pads etc..dunno if ill find/see anything but....i cant put my finger on it but i have a gut feeling its a program running inthe background (spybot,adaware,SG,windows defender even??) that somehow causes a freeze moment whilst its continuous resident protection/scan is operating?..just a wildthought...

Have you got a wireless mouse aswell? If you have then try removing the receivers away from each other. Also try moving the receiver even closer and see if the problem goes then.

Back
Top Bottom