custom built pc

dynoman

Baseband Member
i have a 1000 budget and im planning to build a pc. any suggestion will be appreciated. I need the full pc with monitor. Im building this especially for upcoming games.

any help anyone plz. I dont know much bout computers but i need a computer that is good enough for recent games

Do you want to build this yourself or do you plan to just customize one online and have it prebuilt?
If you're looking for prebuilts then I'd go either with Dell if you have trust issues(they have good deals with LCDs too), or with www.ibuypower.com
If you're building this on your own, I'd go for:
Intel Core 2 Duo probably E6400
7900GT or higher video card
250GB HDD
Not sure about RAM, I haven't looked into DDR2 since my system still uses DDR, but Corsair always has some decently priced value ram, aim for 2 gigs, anything more than that is excessive for now.
Case is up to you
Power supply, get this from OCZ or FSP or Enermax, spend about 100+ on this, don't want to skimp out on this
Optical drives are up to you, lots of people have these lying around, but if you don't the Samsung 18x DVDRW w/ Lightscribe is nice
Motherboard, not sure about chipsets and everything anymore, i've been out of the loop for a while, last time i checked 680i was pretty nice though...

LCD get a viewsonic or something, I'm using a Dell LCD right now so I haven't had much experience with much else.

yeah.. i don't know if i forgot anything, i'm in a rush so I can't get you links or look into this more, but i hope this gives you a nice start to things.

there is a set of 2gb ddr2 patriot memory on newegg. great value at $150, is very similar to corsair costing, $200+, and has the same timings. I don't remember if it over clocks well, though.

zipzoomfly.com has a 2x1gb ddr2 set of corsair ram for 108 dollars free shipping, if you're interested at all, not as well known as newegg, but i bought most of my computer components from zipzoomfly and i'm pleased with the results.

The 8600GTS will be announced and available from 17 Apr.
Pricing of 8600GTS is around $200-250

should i wait and get this video card?

well if you're looking at the dx10 series of cards you should probably wait until after april to make your purchases, by then ati will have had time to release their cards and prices will begin to drop competitively between nvidia and amd/ati.

Back
Top Bottom