need help with a microphone.

dstebbins

Baseband Member
I just got this microphone in the mail today, and I can't seem to get it to install. I notice that the jack that's supposed to go into the computer is pink, so I insert it into a pink socket, which is next to a green socket that I THINK is on my sound card, and nothing comes up on my moniter to prompt me to install it, yet I know it's not already installed because it won't work with Microsoft Movie Maker. What do I do?

I dont like smart remarks on my threads so unless you have anything positive to say piss off :mad:

Yeah the remark was kinda crappy...

Anyway, i dont think anything will pop up will it? they dont need installing as such. If it isnt recording, try the sound control and make sure ur mic isnt muted.

And a word of advice, u wont get helped here if u butt into other peoples posts like that, be patient :) (this is prob why no one has replied to here)

Don't rely on color, if the mic input thing is pink, and your sound card is from Creative, try putting it in the blue socket if there is one there, i've found that the Soundblaster series color coding is off for the microphone jack.

kchi55 said:
Don't rely on color, if the mic input thing is pink, and your sound card is from Creative, try putting it in the blue socket if there is one there, i've found that the Soundblaster series color coding is off for the microphone jack.
done. Still nothing.

yep mic's dont need installing so av a luk in control panel and i think there is a mic and speaker set up wizard which should sort it out for you i cnt tell u exact steps as im on vista now and cnt remeber exactly sorry

scott

try typing this in the help and support section after clicking start, "How to Troubleshoot Microphone Issues"...

then look it over and see if you've tried everything they suggest...

Probably a setting in movie maker then. Have a look in the preferences or options.

Back
Top Bottom