scratched lcd.....

bullzi

Fully Optimized
hey guys, just wondering what the best way to fix a scratched lcd monitor is?

the story:
i was sorta rearranging my computer setup, and i set my lcd monitor on the ground, well when i walked by i knocked it over onto and old computer case that i had sitting there and now i have a huge ugly scratch right down the middle, this isnt my main monitor so its not that bad, BUT i need it fixed, please help!!!

EDIT: i know there is stuff you can buy, but if possible i was wondering if i could fix it with stuff i have around the house, i can buy repair paste if needed

it isnt glass its plastic, i looked on google and found scratch repair but its kinda expensive, just didnt know if there was anything around the house i could use that you guys know of

stuff like toothpaste is an abrasive, not sure if it will work on this. its meant to work on cd's and random crap like that. experient... but be careful :)

Aw man i feel for ya sounds like what ahppened to me last week...

3 week old 22inch widescreen monitor, the side of my pc slipped from my hands and put a hole in the lcd screen!! i was almost sick, but i made up some story got it RMA'd and now im waiting for a new one, phew...

But there was a big scratch on it and i did actually use toothpaste, Colgate ;) and it worked!! got rid of the scratch completley, obviously not the sodding great big hole, but the scratch went, i was very impressed. But as has been said its abrasive and might not work on all monitors, and basically its a last resort.

hmm ok, thanks guys ill give that a try later, for now its ok, when its on i can bearly notice it, its just when its off it bothers me, lol im one of those people that notices things...

Know what u mean about noticing things. Things like scratches really wind me up. Just think, if its not too noticable, trying to fix it might make it worse and the monitor unuseable. So i guess if its so noticable u cant use it then go for it, otherwise play on the side of caution and leave it.

Back
Top Bottom