Good reliable Broadband companies for the UK

Raffaz said:
Are Virgin giving their customers a discount for the channel loss then?

They are not reducing the price of packages as their argument is that the channels that they provide are going to increase in content etc, and be a match for sky 1, however as I said in another thread if you phone them to complain, then they will give you a discount.

I got mine reduced by £10 a month :D

No... Virgin got all arsey and switched the Sky feed off. It's not Sky deliberately withdrawing it, they'd be more than happy for Virgin to keep it. IMO Richard Branson's shot himself in the foot, the damage is already done.

I heard a radio advert today (Internet stream) telling all the Virgin customers to jump ship and join Sky, and Sky are running a special catchup weekend for the Sky One shows that Virgin cut off.

British cable industry RIP.

webmonkey said:
I am with Orange too and have been since they were freeserver. They have recently by the BBC Watchdog been voted the worst ISP. We upgraded the other day to 8 Megs and got a stupid livebox through the post and the internet went down Friday and we got no where on the phone with them.. Bit silly if you ask me all they say is phone back tomorrow.
omg thee dreaded live box did you not have problems setting it up , supposed to be a bitch to set up with wireless on laptops

webmonkey said:
I am with Orange too and have been since they were freeserver. They have recently by the BBC Watchdog been voted the worst ISP. We upgraded the other day to 8 Megs and got a stupid livebox through the post and the internet went down Friday and we got no where on the phone with them.. Bit silly if you ask me all they say is phone back tomorrow.
I have a friend who upgraded to 8mb broardband on orange and he too had a nightmare trying to set up his live box ,then by a stroke of luck he got talking to the guy next door who was on 8mb orange and still using his speedtouch 330 modem witch isnt supposed to take that speed but it did, so he rang orange, had a row with the lady on the other end of the line aboat using his old modem, telling her his neibour had the same package as his upgrade and it worked fine on the old modem 10min later he was on 8mb with out even using his live box so you too could try it :)

Im running a mile from Orange, when i was a student had a mobile fone with them ,they told me i owed 200 pounds cos i didnt disconnect my contract (altho i did) eventually after many hours of arguing they agreed to waive the fee. Phoned next week to ask why 200 had gone out of my account, and they flat out called me a liar, said we would never agree to such a thing. Got me sooooooo mad. I'd been with them ever since id had a mobile 3 years before, neer again will i go near orange.

My bro is pretty much ready to go and kill all Orange employees over his broadband and telephone.

blackjack said:
I have a friend who upgraded to 8mb broardband on orange and he too had a nightmare trying to set up his live box ,then by a stroke of luck he got talking to the guy next door who was on 8mb orange and still using his speedtouch 330 modem witch isnt supposed to take that speed but it did, so he rang orange, had a row with the lady on the other end of the line aboat using his old modem, telling her his neibour had the same package as his upgrade and it worked fine on the old modem 10min later he was on 8mb with out even using his live box so you too could try it :)
the speedtouch 330 can take up to 8mb , that is the highest it can take ,

Back
Top Bottom