Good reliable Broadband companies for the UK

Hi,

I too am a Virgin Media (NTL) customer have had internet with them since 2002. I am on the middle package which is Broadband Size L (4MB), it has only gone down a few times since I've had it and speed is always very close to 4mb. Virgin Media only traffic shape in the worst congested areas.

Actually ive been recommended Virgin media as well. A woman i know is on the 10mb option its rising to 20mb download speed, and the price is only going up from 35 to 37, so cant be bad.

Anubis1980 said:
Actually ive been recommended Virgin media as well. A woman i know is on the 10mb option its rising to 20mb download speed, and the price is only going up from 35 to 37, so cant be bad.
sounds very good and uberfast

Yeah thats fair enough, but there are only gonna be a very few sites that will allow you to download at 10mb+, but if your happy with that then go for it mate :) Just watch they dont screw you over some time soon like they have done to their satelite customers

They stopped their sky one or something, and then kept the price the same:) Although someone here should be to tell ya more about it.

Raffaz said:
They stopped their sky one or something, and then kept the price the same:) Although someone here should be to tell ya more about it.
what happened i think is sky wants more customers so takes all their channels off the virgin media service , it was sky not virgin media that decided to cancel sky , and virgin media are doing a lot to get sky back ,

Anubis1980 said:

No stay away from the 10meg option its not worth it, I trialled it for a month, and just to check I was testing my speeds 2/3 times a day, not once did my speeds go above 5 meg, its a complete waste of money, luckily it was a free trial....but complained and got a month free broadband in addition as well.

I am with Orange too and have been since they were freeserver. They have recently by the BBC Watchdog been voted the worst ISP. We upgraded the other day to 8 Megs and got a stupid livebox through the post and the internet went down Friday and we got no where on the phone with them.. Bit silly if you ask me all they say is phone back tomorrow.

Raffaz said:

Virdin Media pays Sky (BSkyB) for the right for it's customers to be able to get Sky channels. Sky want more money than Virgin are prepared to pays, so Virdin Media customers lose Sky channels (not all of them ;) )

It's a money dominated world :D

Back
Top Bottom