problems PLEASE HELP

so, its a hardware , what is it a loose connection?Maybe not enough power to rn the card?

i checked the connections.. for everything i think...
the cables for cd, harddrive, the batt the cpu fan

would it be a bad cpu or somthing that makes it freeze up?

o gfx.. i dont have a video card installed theres a connection for my screen on the MOBO

no I meant your video card being in the slot properly but don't worry about it if its integrated, I think it is a hard drive error

check the video.. its good..

hard drive error...
but it froze when i had the cd in... to install win2000

i just bought a ide cable cuz my last one broke..

the drive in it is a western digital i think
before i bought the cable i got an error saying failure something.. check harddrive cable

i had a HP compu hooked up but its old and this gateway is newer so i just took out the HD out the HP and put in the gateway
so the HD has to be good.. i got it like a year ago

so now im tryin to install win2000 in to the gateway
but the stupid computer keeps freezing up..

ok i'm stumped, maybe a short in the mobo, or a bad CD drive but thats about all I can do , sorry anyone else got ANY ideas????

put 98/95 setup files on the hdd, get into dos and install (or run the setup off the cd). atleast if it works you will have an operating system to work with. you can then try and upgrade it.

dude_se said:
put 98/95 setup files on the hdd, get into dos and install (or run the setup off the cd). atleast if it works you will have an operating system to work with. you can then try and upgrade it.

cant do this cuz i cant get into bios
when i press F1 it skips the load screen and goes straight to boot from HD
and to that it doesnt say press F1 to setup
it now says press F12 for network something

Back
Top Bottom