Build a $1200.00 computer

calebmurf

Beta member
I have a $1200.00 budget to custom build myself a new computer. That budget has to include monitor (19 inch lcd), keyboard (ha), case, etc. I'm looking at purchasing all the parts on newegg. I want to use this for games, video editing, etc. Basically, as powerful as possible for that price. If anyone has any suggestions on the parts they would use, let me know.

calebmurf said:
I have a $1200.00 budget to custom build myself a new computer. That budget has to include monitor (19 inch lcd), keyboard (ha), case, etc. I'm looking at purchasing all the parts on newegg. I want to use this for games, video editing, etc. Basically, as powerful as possible for that price. If anyone has any suggestions on the parts they would use, let me know.

so basically you have about $700 to spend on this system after getting a $500 state of the art, "safe" keyboard...

good luck...

where did that keyboard come from?? i was going to sugest a E6600 instead of teh E6400, but seeing the price range, i think that would push things a little too close. if you were to raise the price by $100, then i'd go that route. otherwise, what've you've been given soo far looks good.

yeah, If he had a monitor, I would say E6600, but with that budget...
but if the projected prices for the 8600 are lower than the 7950, then by all means wait.
I just wannt know if SP3 for xp will ever come, and if it will have Direct X10. That would be the best ever to be running an 8600 on xp.

Edit: dx10 games will run on dx9.L, so I would wait for the 8600, and run it on xp until vista stabilizes (and you can afford 2 more gigs of ram)

celegorm said:
where did that keyboard come from??

RAVEBOY...

where have you been...? didn't you hear...? an expensive, ergonomically sound keyboard can keep you out of harms way well into your 40s, I hear that they're all the rage with professional athletes trying to extend their careers...

keyboard mania

Don't get the 7950. Buy a mediocre card or use your old one until the 8600 comes out... you want DX10.

Back
Top Bottom