screen size question

Amd64

Baseband Member
i have a geforce 5900xt and i have a fairly old monitor ..
but when i go into the video properties and i go to adjust the resolution
it only gives it 2 choices.... two of those little bars .. thats horrible, coz my old crappy card i took out had 4 sizes to choose from...
any ideas? its a hp pavilion monitor

yup, i used the cd that came in the box with the video card and ran the setup first thing

And everything is ok in device manager? Have you checked online for an updated driver?

yea everything is great in the device manager.. and the card plays games great and all that.. just dont offer very many settings.... the monitor is only like 65hz or something... im not sure if that could be it

right click>properties>settings>advanced>monitor tab>make sure "hide modes that this monitor cannot display" is UNCHECKED, this will give you all the resolutions

kyle

yep, but disabling this feature will allow you to use every resolution and refresh rate possible for your card whether or not your monitor supports it, but if you go too far, it will reset back to what you had before in about 15 seconds

id say time for a new card if your running that
get a 7600 really cheep good card

I wouldn't spend my time on a new card, if your problem may be the monitor. How old is it actually?

Back
Top Bottom