Half Marathon

root

Site Team
Staff member
If any of you remember me saying that i'd be running a half marathon, well I did it today.

my gun time, (as in the time from when the race officially started to when I crossed the finish line was 2:01:58.

however, I don't have my radio tag time, which will reda a lot lower since I was stood around for about five minutes waiting for the people in front of my to start moving before I could.

and I raised around £200 for the charity that I ran for...

and now I'm off to get pissed up to celebrate, (took tomorrow off of work in preperation).

if anyone doesn't know, a half marathon is 13 miles, so I ran at about 6.5 miles per hour for two hours, (actually a little faster as I had to stop to use the loo).

anyway, yay me... I'll come back and post more later after I'm pissed up.

good job man. i'm not over-wieght or anything, but there is no way i could do more than two miles without killing myself.

most i have ever ran was 10min in a row at about 6.5mph lol but i could have gone longer but are wrestling coach had enough

I started at the back
I started at the back so I was stood in the start area for a while before I crossed the finish line.

the roughly half way point (10K) my time was at 1h:03m:23s

my gun time, was 2h:01m:58s (time from when the race started to when I crossed the finish line)

my chip time from the radio tag was 1h:54m:57s, (from the time I crpssed the start line to the time I crossed the finish line)

and I finished place 4387 out of 8165

surprisingly enough I don't really ache at all. I have a blister on my toe, but even that's not that bad.

for everyone who sayys that they couldn't do it, I'm sre that you could! I only started training at the end of january and before that I used to think it was a great achievement to have ran a mile on a treadmill at the gym. so it is surprising what you can do.

root said:
I started at the back
I started at the back so I was stood in the start area for a while before I crossed the finish line.

the roughly half way point (10K) my time was at 1h:03m:23s

my gun time, was 2h:01m:58s (time from when the race started to when I crossed the finish line)

my chip time from the radio tag was 1h:54m:57s, (from the time I crpssed the start line to the time I crossed the finish line)

and I finished place 4387 out of 8165

surprisingly enough I don't really ache at all. I have a blister on my toe, but even that's not that bad.

for everyone who sayys that they couldn't do it, I'm sre that you could! I only started training at the end of january and before that I used to think it was a great achievement to have ran a mile on a treadmill at the gym. so it is surprising what you can do.

Nice one mate!!

Which one was you running, I have the Manchester Great Run (10Km) and the Great North run (half marathon) to look forward to, I know what you mean about not thinking you can do it, so yeah well done.

Back
Top Bottom