Interference and different connection types

thelethalblow

Baseband Member
I am looking at 5.1 PC speakers that have an option of Digital (Coax, Optical) and Analog (6 channel Direct Connect). I have heard there's not to much of a difference between the two, sound quality wise. However, I have a concern regarding cord length and the possibility of interference. The cord will run about 33ft in length in my room. I know optical is supposed to be real good for long lengths but it's costs are high. Basically I'm asking will this length be an issue for Analog or Coax Digital?

Well there is a difference optical delivers Dolby Digital 5.1 and DTS. It is way better than Analog.

compman: 6 channel direct connect also delivers 5.1

in your case, what will the cable be running by? if its not going to be running by any electronics such as fans, or other equipment i would go with COAX, coax delivers the same 5.1 dts as optical, but does tend to pick up interference if it runs by other electronic devices, anything over 50ft. should be optical to keep excellent sound quality, using coax over 50ft will not give you the all of the highs and deep lows. if you can afford it i say go with optical, BUT if you are not running by any electronic devices coax is the way to go, also 6 channel direct connect will work fine, it still delivers dolby 5.1 just not digitally

kyle

Back
Top Bottom